Enjoy a Tasty Douro Valley Private Full Day Wine Tour
Enjoy a fabulous and tasty full day on this Douro Valley Wine Tour which includes pick up, drop off, lunch and, of course, wine tasting.
The Douro region, a World Heritage Site since 2001, is famous for producing some of the best wines in the world – the Port wine.
In addition to the production techniques, there is the singular beauty of this region. The geography of the Douro Valley, with its vineyards, worked over the centuries by the human hand, is unique in the world and may surprise those most travelled.
The visions from the assorted viewpoints over the river and over the vineyards prove just how unique this region is.
Before embarking on the excellence of the Douro Valley, we`ll visit a small, but one of the most beautiful towns, in the northern part of the country – the charming town of Amarante.
- Traditional and local experience
- Full Day Private Tour
- Luxury Van
- Local Guide
- Discover one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world: the Douro Valley
- Taste some of the best Port wines and visit two stunning Wine Estates!
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up serviceIn your hotel or accommodation in Porto city center
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Visit and wine tasting in a Port Wine Estate
- Wi-Fi and Bottled Water
- Traditional Lunch
- Pick-up/Drop off
- Personal expenses
- Any service that is not clearly specified in the inclusions
Before dazzling with the wine terraces of the Alto Douro Vinhateiro, we`ll say “hello” to the small and beautiful town of Amarante. Considered one of the most beautiful towns in the country, its Convent and Church of São Gonçalo, along with the bridge over the Tâmega river, envelop the historic centre in a singular aura of charm.
From Amarante, we leave for Peso da Régua. You will be amazed by the views from the viewpoints in São Silvestre and São Leonardo da Galafura over the Douro river and valley.
We visit a Quinta (Port Wine Estate) in Douro Valley and taste some Port wines with the added highlight of travelling along the best road in the world to drive – the N222, which won the first place for World Best Driving Road in the ADR – Avis Driving Ratio index, which runs from Peso da Régua to Vila do Pinhão.
In the village of Pinhão, it`s time to appreciate the art on the tiles in its magnificent train station, the iron bridge and the surroundings of the river.
Lastly, we will say “See you soon again” to Douro from a beautiful viewpoint over the village of Pinhão and set off towards your hotel in Porto at approximately 18.30.
- DO NOT forget your camera!