Explore Shanxi in 9 Days From Taiyuan
Shanxi is a province with a long history. There are plenty of cultural ruins, ancient cities, temples, grottoes, and mountains to explore. This 9-day tour will let you explore the amazing province in depth with a local guide.
Begin your tour in Taiyuan and see the beautiful Jinci Temple and the amazing Mengshan Giant Buddha. Next, travel to Pingyao and see the Wang Family Courtyard as well as the Shuanglong Temple.
From Pingyao travel to Mt. Wutai and discover the main place for Chinese Buddhism. Visit Foguang Temple and explore Mount Wutai. Visit Datong, see the Huayan Monastery and Yungang Grottoes.
Your 9-day unforgettable tour of Shanxi will end here in Datong.
- See see the Huayan Monastery and Yungang Grottoes in Datong
- Explore Mount Wutai
- Discover the main place for Chinese Buddhism
- Visit the Wang Family Courtyard in Pingyao
- See the beautiful Jinci Temple and the amazing Mengshan Giant Buddha in Taiyuan
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 9 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Easy CancellationCancellation fee of 100.0% is charged if cancelled 7 day(s) or less before the event Cancellation fee of 50.0% is charged if cancelled 15 day(s) or less before the event Cancellation fee of 30.0% is charged if cancelled 30 day(s) or less before the event Cancellation fee of 0.0% is charged if cancelled 31 day(s) or less before the event
- Instant Confirmation
- Entrance fees for sites stated in the itinerary
- English speaking local guides
- Breakfast and Lunch
- 4*/5* Accommodation
- Chinese Visa
- Travel Insurance
- Evening Meals/Drinks
- International Flights
- Any expense of personal nature
Arrive at Taiyuan airport or bullet train station at any time, met and transferred to the hotel in Taiyuan.
Day tour in Taiyuan including the beautiful Jinci Temple, Shanxi Museum (closed on Mondays), and Mengshan Giant Buddha that was built 1600 years ago.
After hotel breakfast, you will take a 2-hour ride to Wang Family Courtyard to visit the massive family palace. Afterwards, you will drive one hour to the UNESCO cultural heritage, the old town of Pingyao.
Today you will wander around the old town of Pingyao, you can visit the old Yamen, city wall, Rishengchang Bank, Confucius temple etc. Moreover, you will visit Shuanglong Temple that is 20km from Pingyao, which is famous for its splendid statues.
After hotel breakfast, you will take a 3-hour ride to Mt Wutai that is well-known for Chinese Buddhism. Upon arrival, you will visit Foguang Temple, and Dailuo Ding (climb up 1080 steps) etc. this afternoon.
Full day explore Mount Wutai, you can climb up one of the 5 summits, of which, Dong Summit is famous for the sun-rising.
This morning, you will take a 3-hour ride to Hanging Monastery that was called Wonder built on the cliff of the Mt Henshan. Afterwards, you will drive on hour to visit the 1000-year old Wooden Pagoda in Yingxian. Later, drive one hour to Datong.
Today you will visit Huayan Monastery, Nine-dragon Screen and Yungang Grottoes. Yungang is UNESCO cultural site with the impressive stone carving in the caves that can be traced back to 1700 years ago.
Transfer to Datong airport or railway station to head for your next destination.
- China operates on a 220V and uses a combination of US/European and Chinese style plugs in most hotel rooms. You can buy an international adaptor before the tour.
- Personal Expenses - Kindly check the inclusions for your tour, you will need to take some extra money to cover drinks, laundry and souvenirs, plus any additional sightseeing that may be offered to you. Based on the advice of previous customers an approximate amount of $250 per week should be sufficient; however for those that can’t resist a bargain, consider allocating a higher amount.
- If you're happy with the services provided then a tip - though not compulsory - is appropriate. Tipping is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across China and other Asian countries. We recommend that any tips are given to the intended recipient by a member of your group, rather than collected and passed on by the group leader.
- You can check in 20 kg baggage and carry 5kg hand bag with you while boarding a flight in China. Please be aware, before boarding a flight in China that the Chinese authorities will only allow bottles onto aircraft if they have been checked in as main luggage. Any bottles in the hand luggage may be confiscated.
- We suggest you to take one main piece of lockable baggage and a shoulder bag. Total allowance: 44lbs/20kgs. Don’t overload yourself, because you have to carry your own baggage.
- We recommend that you contact your primary care physician or a travel doctor for advice on vaccinations and travel health and we advise that you check to see if your tetanus-diphtheria booster is still valid every 10 years.
- Insurance - Travel insurance is compulsory for all our customers. Please provide us with: the Insurance company, Policy number, 24-hour medical emergency contact number and the expiry date of the policy.
- Visas - A China visa is required for entry into China for all nationalities except Japan, Singapore and Brunei. Travellers holding APEC cards are allowed entrance visa free if their card has already been approved for China.