Private Full Day Tour to Hoa Lu & Tam Coc from Hanoi
Located in Ninh Binh province 100 km southeast of Hanoi, Hoa Lu and Tam Coc are two of the most picturesque spots in all of the north.
For 41 years, from 968 to 1009 CE, Hoa Lu was the ancient capital of Vietnam.
Nearby Tam Coc is often referred to as “Ha Long among the rice paddies.”
Visitors are conveyed by rowboat along the peaceful Tam Coc stream past green fields and the feet of mountains into the mouths of caves, where they encounter new surprises, like stalactites and stalagmites that shine.
- Round-trip coach transport included.
- Opt for a countryside bike tour to Bich Dong Pagoda.
- Enjoy Vietnamese cuisine for lunch.
- Float along the Ngo Dong River from Tam Coc to three caves.
- See temple remnants of the ancient royal dynasties at Hoa Lu.
- Full-day Hoa Lu and Tam Coc tour from Hanoi, led by an informative guide.
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French
- Duration: 7 to 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, French
- Pick-up servicePick-up and drop-off at hotel in Old Quater of Hanoi
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Entrance fee
- Buffet lunch
- Mineral water on transfer
- Entrance fees Boat cruising
- Bicycle around the famer
- English speaking tour guide
- Bus transfer by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Pick-up and drop-off at hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- All things are not mentioned in the inclusions
- Tipping/ Gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Pickup outside Hanoi Old Quarter
You will be picked up by our driver/guide to start your tour
About 10:30am, arrive at Hoa Lu Ancient Capital.
In 968, Dinh Bo Linh declared himself as the King. Since then Hoa Lu existed as the capital for the next 41 years (968 – 1009), of which 12 years was under the Dinh dynasty – King Dinh Tien Hoang, the country named Dai Co Viet, and 29 years later was under the Le dynasty – King Le Dai Hanh.
In 1010, King Ly Thai To moved the capital from Hoa Lu to Thang Long – present day Hanoi. Hoa Lu became the old citadel.
In Hoa Lu there are now 2 temples that have been built on the ground of the old royal palace, one is dedicated to King Dinh Tien Hoang, the other is to King Le Dai Hanh.
The visit offers a chance to know more about part of feudal dynasties and historical periods in Vietnamese history.
11:30am leave Hoa Lu to Tam Coc
12:00pm. Have lunch in Tam Coc in a local restaurant and enjoy lunch served with goat meat which is famous as the local specialty.
1:30pm, 5 minute-walk to the boat station and start the 2 hour-boat trip to visit Tam Coc.
Known as “Halong Bay on land”, Tam Coc are three limestone caves stretching along Ngo Dong river.
The boat trip is a nice journey along the river with peaceful scenery of limestone mountains, rice paddy and the site of some temples along the way from Hang Ca (first cave) to Hang Hai (second cave) and Hang Ba (third cave).
4:00pm leave Tam Coc and drive back to Hanoi.
Arrive Hanoi at 6:30pm.
Finish unforgettable full day trip at your hotel in Hanoi!
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Dress code is smart casual
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1