Hoover Dam City Deluxe Tour from Las Vegas
Experience the Hoover Dam, one of the man-made wonders of the world!
With daily departures, our Hoover Dam Deluxe tour from Las Vegas will be an adventure you will never forget.
We pick up at most Las Vegas hotels before departing on this daily Hoover Dam City Deluxe tour of the Hoover Dam. Experience this engineering man-made wonder of the world. One of the biggest and most successful government projects of its time, the Hoover Dam actually was completed on time and under budget.
Your professional driver/guide will provide expert narration on this roundtrip tour from Las Vegas while you enjoy a ride onboard a luxury motorcoach with airline-style reclining seats, footrests, onboard restroom, air conditioning, and large vista view windows so you won't miss a thing.
The Hoover Dam is often called one of the 7 Man-Made Wonders of the World. Don’t miss your chance to stand on top of this amazing piece of American History!
Enjoy a wonderful and informative journey down through the Hoover Dam with reclamation guides, where you can enjoy a movie on the making of the Hoover Dam, and so much After exiting the Theater, join the queue on this same level to enter the Hoover Dam Powerplant.
From here, a 70-second elevator ride takes you 530 feet down through the rock wall of Black Canyon to begin a 30-minute guided tour. You'll exit the elevator into a tunnel drilled in the 1930s for construction, and take a short walk to the Penstock Viewing Platform.
Penstock Viewing: This location is atop one (of four) of the huge 30-foot-diameter pipes that can transport nearly 90,000 gallons of water each second from Lake Mead to the dam's hydroelectric generators. An animated display helps describe the complexities of the construction of the dam, and how it presently operates.
Powerplant Generators: A quick elevator ride up to the Nevada powerplant balcony takes you to a panoramic view of the 650-foot-long Nevada wing of the power plant and eight of the dam's 17 huge generators. Also, don't miss the beautiful and intricate terrazzo floor designs under your feet. A great spot for pictures!
Upon exiting the interior portion of the tour, you will have some time to explore on your own to see the Hoover Dam and all of its majesty.
This tour includes a stop at the newly redesigned Hoover Dam Lodge, for a delicious meal and some time to explore the surrounding area.
After lunch, we will make a stop at the Ethel M's Chocolate Factory for a self-guided tour and a free sample of chocolate made right here in Las Vegas!
- Deli Style Lunch, Deli Sandwich or Chef Salad, Choice of Side and Beverage
- Photo Stop at the Historic ' Welcome to Las Vegas' sign
- Self guided tour of Ethel M's Chocolate Factory
- Self guided tour of the World's Largest Cacti Botanical Gardens
- Government guided VIP tour inside Hoover Dam
- Children 0 - 23 Months Ride Free
- Hoover Dam Helicopter Flight - See the Hoover Dam and the Bypass Bridge from the sky with a 10-minute helicopter flight
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up servicePick up at most Las Vegas hotels
- Easy CancellationTour may be cancelled for a 90% refund when cancelled with at least 48hrs notice: withholding a 10% Service Fee. All tour are Non-refundable when cancelled within 48 hours of the Tours departure time.
- Instant Confirmation
- Fees and Admissions
- If a motorcoach with a lift is required we must have a 72-hour prior notification to the date of travel
- All motorcoaches with lift equipment are subject to availability
- All motorcoaches are DOT certified and are able to kneel to curb height
- Service dogs are allowed to travel with the correct and current paperwork, small oxygen tanks are allowed
- All reservations must be confirmed 24 hours prior to travel date
- 24-hour prior cancellation policy in effect for all tours
- Passengers who have a pacemaker will not be able to go inside the Hoover Dam due to the electromagnets in use inside
- No Food or drink is allowed inside the Hoover Dam
- The following items are prohibited in our motorcoach tours due to security restrictions at the Hoover Dam: luggage, large backpacks, suitcases, briefcases, coolers and alcohol
- A $10.00 Per Person Fee Will Be Charged On Date Changes Within 24 Hours Of Tour Date
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1