Giants Causeway and Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge Group Tour from Belfast
Your tour is designed to visit as many sights as possible in one day including the opportunity to cross the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge for free when it is open! Other Belfast companies will charge you extra on the day for that!
First stop, along the way, is to admire the Dark Hedges, a key filming location for hit TV series Game of Throne. The trees were planted 270 years ago by the Stuart family as a driveway to their Gracehill Manor. It is now very well known to amateur photographers.
Next, enjoy around 1.5 hours to marvel at the spectacular landscapes at the Giant's Causeway, made up of some 40,000 interlocking basalt columns, formed by ancient volcanic eruptions. It has often been described as the 8th wonder of the world. You will see why once you have visited the place. This is one of the world's greatest natural attractions.
Continue along the coast to the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge, a 66foot (20meter) long bridge that crosses the Atlantic Ocean, linking the mainland to the Carrick-a-Rede Island. You'll have around 1 hour and 20 minutes to explore, which is plenty of time to brave the bridge crossing or hike along the coast, enjoying views of nearby Sheep Island and the Mull of Kintyre.
When the weather is nice and the bridge is open, you will get to cross the Rope Bridge without paying anything extra. We will be driving along the famous coastal route and go through beautiful coastal towns like Ballycastle where you will enjoy a fantastic view of islands just off the coast like Sheep Island, Rathlin Island and maybe even a glimpse of Scotland.
Drive back to Belfast over the Glens of Antrim, taking in dramatic views along the Antrim Coast. Your tour ends back in central Belfast around 5 pm - 6 pm.
- Visit the most photographed natural phenomenon in Northern Ireland, the Dark Hedges
- Experience the beautiful location of Giant's Causeway
- If open, walk the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, a traditionally built rope bridge which rewards the daring visitor with arguably the best views in the country.
- Drive through the Glens of Antrim and witness amazing panoramic views
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 8 to 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up: 9:30 am, 31 Chichester Street, Belfast (outside Top Shop entrance, across the road from Garrick bar) which is also the drop off point too
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Knowledgeable and entertaining Tour Guide
- Transportation to all locations
- Luggage compartment
- Carrick-a-rede rope bridge (cross for free if it is open)
- The Dark Hedges
- Personal Expenses
- Food and Drink
- Pick up and drop off from hotels
- All times are approximate. The locations might be visited in a different order, depends on traffic and weather.
- Groups of 12 people or more will not be accepted, even if the group make separate bookings. This is to ensure that everyone else on the bus can enjoy a good time.
- Fair bit of walking involved
- Children under 12 not recommended
- We recommend a packed lunch for the day as that gives you more time at the sights
- *This tour originates from Dublin. Enquire directly with the company about staying on the bus back to Dublin. Keep in mind this will ONLY be possible if pre organised directly with the company