The Painted Hall at the Old Royal Naval College
Designed by Sir Christopher Wren, the Painted Hall at the Old Royal Naval College is known as the UK’s own Sistine Chapel. This masterpiece is once again open and is the perfect place to visit with all of the family. Whether you want to soak in rich history, glorious artwork, or simply soak in sights of this world-famous landmark, it’s an unmissable building that will live long on in your memory.
Alongside accessible exhibits exploring the Painted Hall’s creation, you can get up close and personal with our hands-on treasure chests, filled with exquisite touch objects inspired by the Painted Hall. Visit the Nelson Room or join one of the drop-in-talks about the Painted Hall available throughout the day.
Tickets also include access to the new Sackler Gallery, where you can discover how Thornhill created the Painted Hall and meet the many characters, including gods and heroes, shown on the ceiling.
- Explore the famous Painted Hall, known as the UK’s own Sistine Chapel
- Enjoy accessible exhibits exploring the Painted Hall’s creation
- Get up close and personal with hands-on treasure chests filled with touch objects
- Visit the Nelson Room or join one of the drop-in-talks about the Painted Hall
- Discover more about the Painted Hall’s history with audio commentary
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 1 hours
- This tour is not available on the 24th, 25th 26th and 31st December 2019.
- Entry available daily from 10am to 5pm. Entry to the grounds also available daily from 8am to 11pm.
- Easy CancellationNon-refundable
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Entry to the Painted Hall
- Audio guide
- Explorer map
- Food and drink
- We recommend you wear suitable and comfortable footwear for this tour as it includes a moderate amount of walking.