4-Day Gorillas & Golden Monkey tracking tour From Kigali to Bwindi
Do you want to see the mountain gorillas , but you don't have much time? Fly into Kigali! We pick you up from Kigali and drive you in only 4 hours to Bwindi Forest in Uganda. We offer ground transfers and comfortable accommodation to make this an unforgettable and hassle-free experience.
For those looking to save time, get an excellent view over the Virunga Mountains, and commune with the gorillas, this is the perfect tour. - Transfers from and to Kigali - Gorilla tracking! - Golden Monkey tracking - Stunning views from lodge!
- Sleep in accommodation overlooking the Virunga volcanoes
- Witness Mountain Gorillas and Chimpanzees in Bwindi National Park
- Come face to face with a Mountain gorilla
- Hike over the volcanic terrain in search for Golden Monkeys at Mgahinga National Park
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 4 days
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Available from February - December 2019
- A minimum of 2 people required to book this tour
- Children under the age of 15 are not permitted on this tour
- Pick-up serviceOur representative will pick you from Kigali Airport.
- Easy Cancellation100% Cancellation fee for customers to cancel 30 days prior to the tour and 50% cancellation fee 31-45 days prior to the tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 14 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Airport pick and drop
- Golden monkey tracking permits
- Gorilla tracking, including 1 permit per person (a US$600,- value)
- Park entrance fees for Bwindi
- - Accommodation on Full Board. (3x breakfast, 3x lunch, 3x dinner)
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs etc.).
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, hotel staff, etc;
- A porter for during the gorilla tracking (someone who carries your daypack at $10);
- International air fares and entry visa to Uganda
Our representative will pick from Kigali Airport. He will be holding a signpost with your name.
From Kigali Airport he will transfer you to the Lodge overlooking the Virunga volcanoes. You'll sleep in one of their nice self-contained safari cottages. From here you will depart tomorrow for the gorilla tracking! Journey Time: 4, 5 hours Accommodation:
Today is the big day; prepare your self for an encounter with one of Bwindi’s gentle giants: the rare Mountain Gorilla. For most people this is the absolute highlight of their tour in Uganda. A representative from the lodge will drop you at the starting point of the gorilla tracking and will bring you back to the lodge after your tracking.
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest boasts both Mountain Gorillas and Chimpanzees - the only forest in Africa which can make this claim, in fact. It also hosts five other species of primate, 113 species of mammal, over 200 butterflies and 360 birds. The gorillas you track belong to one of nine habituated family groups who can tolerate the presence of humans for a brief period every day. En route to the gorillas, your guide will point out signs of previous gorilla activity, including dung, nests and chewed bamboo shoots. Your gorilla tracking will be an exciting journey along forested slopes, entwined vines, bushes and bamboo before you eventually reach the gorilla family.
The time taken to track the gorillas can be as few as 2 hours to as many as 7 hours. Once the gorillas have been located, your group will be allowed a maximum of one hour with them. Coming face-to-face with a mountain gorilla is a truly humbling and emotional experience.
This is a fantastic and privileged opportunity to get up close and personal with Uganda’s very own ‘Gorillas in the Mist’.
After breakfast transfer to the Mgahinga National Park headquarters for briefing and later begin the hike over the volcanic terrain in search for Golden Monkeys in the bamboo forests.
Mgahinga National Park shares borders with Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda and Virunga National Park in DR Congo. The park is also the most scenic as it stands at three volcanoes of Muhavura, Gahinga and Sabyinyo.
After breakfast (inclusive) you drive back to Kigali Airport making sure you check in 3 hours before departure time. Journey Time: 4, 5 hours
- Hard wearing clothes, no bright colours, or no army camouflage clothing should be worn. Greens, khaki and similar neutral clothes are recommended.
- While hiking, your clothes will in all likelihood get very muddy and may not recover to their original state - therefore take old clothing for trekking.
- On this trip you may experience several types of weather. It is important to pack clothes for warm days and cool evenings. Light, quick-drying, practical clothes are advisable for this trip.
- You will be on the move a lot, so our advice is to pack as lightly as possible.
- IMPORTANT: Please note that due to permit restrictions, bookings made within 14 days of departure are unlikely to be confirmed.
- The bookings with the lodge mentioned in the program depend on availability. Reservations will only be made after your booking. In case the mentioned hotels are not available during the requested period, we will do our utmost to book a hotel in the same class for you (of course we will only do this after consulting you).
- We advise you to arrange an East-Africa visa in advance. This is $100 PP and will allow you to multiple enter both Uganda and Rwanda