Feel the Pulse of Time on a Göbekli Tepe Tour
There are grounds to claim that the most significant archaeological discovery of the 21st century is the Göbekli Tepe as it dates back to 12 thousand years ago which makes it approximately 8 thousand years older than the Egyptian pyramids and 7 thousand years older than Stonehenge in England. Göbekli Tepe is even older than the human transition to settled life, so, therefore, proving the existence of religious beliefs before the establishment of the first cities.
Findings of researchers at Göbekli Tepe shows that a religious class existed at such early ages and division of society into social classes took place well before the assumed dates, and maybe the first agricultural activity to have been conducted in the region.
The site is also exceptional with the first patriarchal thought and the first reliefs and statues of the Neolithic Age. With all this new information, it has been added to the collective knowledge of humanity and into the history books. Because of the merits of its contribution to human history, Göbekli Tepe was inscribed to the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2018.
- Explore the archaeological dig at Göbekli Tepe
- ?anl?urfa city tour to include the exciting covered bazaar at the centre of ancient ?anl?urfa
- See the Haleplibhace mosaics, among the finest in the eastern Mediterranean region
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese
- Duration: 2 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from ?anl?urfa Airport
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Airport transfers
- Accommodation with breakfast
- Professional guide
- Road transport in a fully air conditioned vehicle
- All museum/site entries
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Drinks, lunch and dinner
- Make sure you have adequate insurance
- Please advise of where your domestic flight will be from
- Please make sure your names exactly match your passports