Explore Ephesus on a Full Day Tour from Marmaris
A tour to the ancient city of Ephesus is a highlight of any trip to Turkey. Ancient Ephesus is the best-preserved classical city in the Eastern Mediterranean and the largest open-air museum found in Turkey. Ephesus has more than 30 buildings and structures linked together by streets that still have the Marks of Ancient Chariot wheels.
The Great Theatre is where St Paul preached against the Pagans and where Gladiators once engaged in battle. Initially holding 25,000 people, this theatre was built in the Hellenistic period and was renovated by several Roman emperors. Designed for theatrical performances and then later alterations allowed gladiatorial contests to be held here. The Library of Celsus has been remarkably restored and probably the most photographed place in Ephesus.
Also, you might see the Odeon Temple, Fountain of Trajan, Temple of Hadrian, Stream baths of scholastic, Marble road, Agora and Temple of Domitian.
After lunch in a local Turkish restaurant, you will continue to the House of Virgin Mary where Mary was brought to Ephesus by the apostle John after the resurrection of Christ and lived out her final days here. The church was built on the foundations of that house, and its authenticity has been confirmed by Pope lV and Pope John Poul ll. Many visitors on a guided Ephesus tour describe this as an uplifting or Spiritual Experience.
Next, you will go to the Temple of Artemis one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. Ephesus’ Temple of Artemis was built in honour to the goddess of the hunt, and only the foundation and one column remain of this temple which once measured 425 feet long.
The last place we will visit is the Isa Bey Mosque one of the most delicate examples of Seljukian architecture, located below the basilica of Saint John. The mosque was constructed by the master Syrian architecture Ali son of Mushimis al-Damishki between the years of 1374 and 1375.
- Visit the Temple of Artemis considered one of the seven wonders of the ancient world
- Visit the House of Virgin Mary where Mary spent her final days
- Visit the Great Theatre where the Gladiators once fought
- Visit the best preserved classical city in Eastern Mediterranean
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, Dutch
- Duration: 14 to 15 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Available daily from May to October 2020
- Pick-up serviceFrom your centrally located hotel in Marmaris.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Admission fees for the Virgin Mary House and Ephesus
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Pickup and drop off from Marmaris city hotels
- Land transportation by an air-conditioned non-smoking vehicle
- Parking fees
- Other services not mentioned
- Tips to the guide & driver (Optional)
- In the rare event of lack of availability due to special events an alternative day or service may be advised
- Amendments are upon availability and may require a supplement fee
- We cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dressing
- Clients must be ready at the departure point 15 minutes before the departure time