See the Relics of Ephesus and Museum on a Private Guided Tour from Izmir
See the Relics of Ephesus and the Museum on a Private Guided Tour from Izmir begins with a pick-up in a luxury air-conditioned (non-smoking) Minivan, from your hotel or designated pick up point. We then travel to the Ancient city of Ephesus which is approximately 50 minutes from Izmir.
Learn some fascinating facts relating to this wonderful archaeological site. Soak up how the area of Ephesus was back in the day with its beautiful paved streets, its wealth was proverbial, one of the greatest of the Ionian cities, it became the leading seaport of the region.
Next is a specific tour of the Terrace Houses where you get an idea of what family life was like during the Roman period. There three terraces with six residential units, the oldest dating back to 1C BC. They are covered with protective roofing which resembles Roman houses. The mosaics on the floor and the frescos have been consolidated and two houses have been opened to the public as a museum.
From there we will stop for Lunch in a traditional Turkish Restaurant.
After Lunch, the tour travels the short distance by minivan to the Ephesus Museum which is in the town of Selcuk. This Museum was established in 1983 and unlike many other Museums, the artefacts are found in different themed rooms such as the House Findings Room or The Gladiators Section etc.
You will have some free time in both Ephesus and the Museum to take a look around and capture some of the beauty before we return back to Izmir to your original pick up point.
- Private Tour of the captivaitng City Of Ephesus
- Visit the Terrace Houses
- Traditional Turkish Lunch
- Private tour of Ephesus Museum
- Professional Tour Guide
- Luxury Air-Conditioned Mercedes Minivan.
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 6 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese, Spanish
- Pick-up servicePick-Up from Izmir Hotel, Izmir Port or Designated City Centre Meeting Point
- Disability ServicesWheelchair accessible transport and facilities upon request
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Full Insurance During Tour
- Parking Fees
- Entrance Fees
- Complimentary Bottled Water
- Traditional Turkish Lunch
- Professional Licensed Tour Guide
- Pick-up and Drop-off
- Personal Expenses
- Rainwear in case of rain (chances of rain higher during the months of November to March)
- On hot Summer days, apply suncream regularly
- Wear a hat or a cap on hot summer days
- Comfortable footwear is recommended