Izmir to Ephesus Deluxe Fully Guided Private Tour
We will then start the journey to Ephesus and see some spectacular scenery along the way, arriving at the ruins of Ephesus where your Guided Tour begins with The Temple of Hadrian, The Odeon, The Celsus Library and the infamous Amphitheatre and The Roman Baths.
The Terrace Houses "the houses of the rich" are situated opposite the Hadrian Temple. The houses are an excellent way for people to see how life for families during the Roman period really were, with six residential units visible you will see how they were strategically built at right angles and the city was planned in Hippodamian style. The oldest of the buildings date as far back as 1C BC and excavation work continues in this area.
We will have a short break to have some Lunch Turkish style before we set of again.
As we walk through the Ancient City you will get to see how it had a rich and wealthy domain in this region in the ancient world. We will then visit one of the seven wonders of the world the fantastic "Temple of Artemis" where our professional Tour Guide will educate you about the ruins of the Temple.
Then we journey to The House of Virgin Mary which is located on the top of the Bulbul mountain. Where The Virgin Mary was said to have spent her final days in this area, this is a beautiful spot for worshippers and tourists. There is a lovely walk through to the little church situated where Mass is held on a regular basis. Your Tour Guide will show and tell you all about the history of this magical place.
The ruins of St Johns Basilica are fascinating as initially 300 years after his death there was a small church built there to commemorate St John, but over the years it developed into a spectacular Basilica. As your Tour Guide informs you on this area, you will be fascinated to hear about the life of this great Saint.
Then our final tour of the day is the Ephesus Museum located in Selcuk. The Museum is uniquely arranged in sections like The Gladiators Section and The Fountain Relics as there were so many artİfacts found that it was easier to name the location of the find rather than put them in any chronological order.
You will have free time at each destiation to explore a little and take some photos.
we will then start our journey back to Izmir.
- The Charming City Of Ephesus
- Discover Virgin Marys House and collect some Holy Water from the font
- Traditional Turkish Lunch Including a soft drink
- The Temple Of Artemis
- Explore St Johns Basillica
- All entrance Fees Included
- Professional Tour Guide
- Experienced Driver
- Luxury Air-Conditioned Minivan
- Full Day Tour
- Izmir Port, Hotels or Pre-arranged Pick Up and Drop Off
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Pick-up servicePick up from pre-arranged designated area.
- Disability ServicesFacilities, equipment and wheelchairs are available on request.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour. There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour. There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Parking and vehicle entry fees
- Entry fees to the museums and sites
- Transportation with a luxury non-smoking air conditioned vehicle
- Licensed professional Tour Guide
- Return Transfer from Izmir port, Hotel or designated pick up point
- Bottled Water available on the transport vehicle
- Drinks not already specified
Delux Private Sightseeing Tour from Izmir to the ruins of Ephesus, Terraced Houses, House of Virgin Mary, Temple of Artemis, St Johns Basillica & Ephesus Museum. Lunch Included.
- Wear appropriate clothing when visiting any Holy Sites.
- Be prepared bring a Hat or Umbrella for protection against the Sun.
- Wear Comfortable Walking Shoes.
- Use sunscreen protection
- Drink plenty of water stay hydrated while on tour in this area of Turkey.
© Copyright 2017 Private Tour Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission!
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Private Tour Inc.'s Terms & Conditions.