Fully Guided Deluxe Private Tour From Izmir To Ephesus
Our Full Guided Deluxe Private Tour From Izmir To Ephesus is ideal for people who want to explore the magnificent Ancient City of Ephesus and it's surroundings. Your private sightseeing Professional Tour Guide will collect you from the Port In Izmir, Hotel or designated pick up point in a fully Air Conditioned luxury vehicle.
We will then start the journey to The House of Virgin Mary which is located on the top of the Bulbul mountain. Where The Virgin Mary was said to have spent her final days in this area, this is a beautiful spot for worshippers and tourists. There is a lovely walk through to the little church situated where Mass is held on a regular basis.
Your Tour Guide will show and tell you all about the history of this magical place. After visiting the House of Virgin Mary, arriving at the ruins of Ephesus, you will first see the Magnesia Gate and then start a downhill walk with your guide and see The Temple of Hadrian, The Odeon, The Celsus Library and the infamous Amphitheatre and The Roman Baths. While you are still inside The Ancient City of Ephesus you will have the opportunity to visit The Terrace Houses.
The Terrace Houses "the houses of the rich" are situated opposite the Hadrian Temple. The houses are an excellent way for people to see how life for families during the Roman period really were, with six residential units visible you will see how they were strategically built at right angles and the city was planned in Hippodamian style.
The oldest of the buildings date as far back as 1C BC and excavation work continues in this area. We will have a short break to have some Turkish Style Lunch before we set of again. The next place to visit after the lunch is The Basilica of St. John. The ruins of Saint John's Basilica are fascinating as initially 300 years after his death there was a small church built there to commemorate St John, but over the years it developed into a spectacular Basilica.
As your Tour Guide informs you on this area, you will be fascinated to hear about the life of this great Saint. Then we will take a journey to the Ephesus Museum located in Selcuk where the findings of Ephesus are being exhibited. The Museum is uniquely arranged in sections like The Gladiators Section and The Fountain Relics as there were so many artİfacts found that it was easier to name the location of the find rather than put them in any chronological order.
The last place to visit on this tour is one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient, The Temple of Artemis. After the tour is completed we will take you back to Izmir. You will have free time at each destination to explore a little and take some photos.
- A spiritual visit to The House of Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus, have spent her final years
- Explore and Experience the Magnificent Ephesus, one of the most glorius cities of The Roman Empire
- A visit to The Basilica of St. John the apostle to learn about his life and his contributions to Christianity
- Visiting the Ephesus Museum where all the findings of Ephesus are being exhibited chronologically
- A visit to One of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, The Temple of Artemis
- A unique visit to Terrace Houses of Ephesus to observe the houses of Wealthy Ephesians
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Duration: 7 to 9 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese, Spanish
- Pick-up servicePick up from pre-arranged designated area.
- Disability ServicesFacilities, equipment and wheelchairs are available on request.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Professional Licensed Tour Guide
- Complimentary Bottled Water
- Full Insurance During The Tour
- Turkish Style Lunch
- Parking Fees
- Personal Expenses
- Entrance Fees
- Wear appropriate clothing when visiting any Holy Sites.
- Be prepared bring a Hat or Umbrella for protection against the Sun.
- Wear Comfortable Walking Shoes.
- Use sunscreen protection
- Drink plenty of water stay hydrated while on tour in this area of Turkey.