Full Day Private Tour to Ancient Ruins of Ephesus From Izmir
This Full Day Private Ephesus Guided Tour From Izmir will begin with your Pick-Up from your Izmir Hotel, Airport or Designated City Centre Meeting Point with a Luxury Air-Conditioned (non-smoking) Minivan and your Private Tour Guide. Your Experienced Tour Guide will make your tour Interesting and easy to understand all the Information he will provide you with as well as making it a fun trip.
First stop of the journey is the House of the Virgin Mary where it is said that Virgin Mary spent her final years living upon this mountaintop. You will get to visit inside a small part of the house she once lived in.
Next stop is the Impressively Vast and Famous Ancient City of Ephesus which was among the Worlds Greatest Cities back in the 1st Century BC. Discover how the rich and the poor lived among this Ancient City.
Time for a break from sightseeing! Enjoy a traditional Turkish Meal for lunch in one of the local Turkish restaurants which will also offer European and Vegetarian dishes too! The next place of interest is the Basilica of St. John which was once ranked as one of the largest churches of the Byzantine Empire.
Three hundred years after the death of St. John, a small chapel was constructed over the grave in the 4th century. The church of St John was changed into a marvelous basilica during the region of Emperor Justinian (527 -565 AD). The final attraction is the Temple of Artemis in the town of Selcuk.
She was known as the goddess of childbirth and later accompanied in the birth of Alexander The Great. This Temple became known as one of the Seven Wonders Of The Ancient World, but after over 2,000 years there is only one original column left standing.
After visiting the Temple of Artemis we will return to Izmir where you will be dropped back to your original pick up point.
- Transport in Luxury air-conditioned Minivan
- Traditional Turkish Meal for Lunch
- Free time to Explore each Attraction
- Visit the House of Virgin Mary, Mother of Jesus, have spent her final days
- Visit The Ancient City of Ephesus, Explore and Experience A Journey in Time
- Visit to the Basilica of St. John the Apostle
- Visit to One of The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, The Temple of Artemis
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Duration: 6 to 8 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Pick-up servicePick-Up from Izmir Hotel, Izmir Port or designated City Centre Meeting Point
- Disability ServicesWheelchair accessible transport and facilities
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Traditional Turkish Meal for Lunch with one drink included
- Transport in Luxury air-conditioned vehicles
- Full Insurance During Tour
- Private Professional Tour Guide
- Parking Fees
- Entrance Fees
- Drinks not stated in Itinerary
Experience a Full Day Private Ephesus Tour from Izmir which includes a visiting to the House of the Virgin Mary and St Johns Basilica. Stop for Lunch then visit the Temple Of Artemis before you return back to Izmir.
- Comfortable footwear, ideally with a closed toe, is advisable for walking around Ephesus
- Remember to take your camera to get some memorable pictures of your Tour
- Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated espcially in the hotter season
- Wear suitable clothing and sunscreen while walking around Ephesus
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1