A Private Tour From Izmir to Experience Sunday Mass in the House of the Virgin Mary
During our Private Tour From Izmir to Experience Sunday Mass in the House of the Virgin Mary, you will experience the spiritually uplifting Mass and see the House of Virgin Mary. The House which was the home of the Virgin Mary for the final years of her life is now a little chapel. Every Sunday and on Holy Days, there is a Mass held here.
In the summer an Open-Air Mass is held next to the chapel. With our Private Tours, you are picked up from your hotel, Izmir Port or a designated City centre meeting point at approximately 09.30 by our multilingual tour guide and a luxury air-conditioned minivan.
The journey to the House of the Virgin Mary takes around one hour. Upon arrival, guests are led to the area where the Mass is held at 11.00. The Mass is said by the resident Priest in English with some Latin and Turkish too. Hymns are sung by the choir and regular churchgoers. Before Mass starts, there is a book where you can write the names of people you wish the priest to pray for and after Mass, it is possible to light a candle too.
Once Mass is over, the tour guide will show you the House of the Virgin Mary (if Mass not held there), the Wall of Intentions and the Underground Spring where you make a wish before drinking the water. When all attractions have been visited, the Tour Guide leads you back to the transport and the return journey to Izmir, where you will be dropped off at the original pick-up point.
The House of the Virgin Mary is open for all religions, and everyone can attend Mass.
- Visit and Explore The Sacred Shrine and The House of Virgin Mary
- Here you will have the chance to drink from the three fountains of Health, Wealth and Fertility
- Participate in Mass which is celebrated by Monks who look after the house
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 5 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-Up from Izmir Hotel, Izmir Port, Izmir ADB Airport or designated City Centre meeting point
- Disability ServicesWheelchair accessible transport and facilities upon request
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Professional Licensed Tour Guide
- Complimentary Bottled Water
- Parking Fees
- Entrance Fees
- Drinks not stated in Inclusions
- Personal Expenses
- All guests are asked to dress respectfully for entering the House of the Virgin Mary and attending Mass
- Suncream, Sun Parasol and Sun Hats, caps etc advisable during the hot summer months
- Wheelchair accessible transport upon request at booking stage
- Any person under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour is open to all ages
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1