Daily Ancient Ephesus Tour From Istanbul With Flights
Ephesus tour from Istanbul is a fantastic opportunity to see one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
At around 04:30 am we will pick you up from your Istanbul Hotel, then transfer you to the airport for your flight to Izmir. Upon arrival, our guide will welcome you then take you to meet with the rest of your tour group.
Ephesus includes successive Hellenistical and Roman settlements, which followed the coastline as it retreated westward. Excavations have revealed magnificent monuments of the Roman Imperial period including the Library of Celsus, Hadrian Temple, Latrines, Odeon and Trajan Fountain to name a few.
Little remains of the noted Temple of Artemis, one of the “Seven Wonders of the world,” that bought pilgrims from all around the Mediterranean since the fifth century.
You will also have the opportunity to see the Isa Bey Mosque, Selcuk Castle and St John Church. You will also get to visit the House of the Virgin Mary, a domed cruciform chapel a couple of miles from Ephesus that became a significant place of Christian pilgrimage.
During the day, enjoy a delicious lunch in a local traditional Turkish restaurant and have experience of domestic life in Selcuk with your local Guide.
At the end of this fantastic tour, we will transfer you back to Izmir airport for your 1-hour flight to Istanbul. When you arrive in Istanbul we will be waiting to transfer you back to your hotel.
- Discovery of ancient Roman monuments and buildings in one site
- Experience the local Turkish life in Selcuk with your local Guide
- Explore a UNESCO World Heritage-listed site of the Temple of Artemis
- Visit the House of Mary which is a pilgrimage spot for Christians
- Opportunity to visit the largest open air museum of Ephesus in Turkey
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Japanese
- Duration: 14 to 15 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up is available from most centrally located Istanbul hotels
- CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Guided tour of Ephesus and the House of the Virgin Mary
- Have lunch at a local restaurant
- Return Flight Tickets from/to Istanbul
- Entrance fees to the sites
- All Airport Transfers
- Other services not mentioned
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Please wear comfortable shoes and sensible clothes as you will be visiting a religious site
- Please bring your booking documentation and passports
- Please be in your hotel lobby 15 minutes before the pickup time