2 Day 1 Night Private Cappadocia Tour From Istanbul By Plane
Transfer from your hotel to Istanbul airport taking an early morning flight to Nevsehir. At Nevsehir airport, you will meet your guide and driver.
Our first stop is the Dervent Imagination valley with different rock formations looking like animal figurines.
Then we will head to Pasabag Fairy Chimneys, walking around you will feel like you are in the country of Hobbits.
Before lunch, we visit the local ceramic workshops in the town of Avanos where pottery has been part of life for over 4000 years.
Following lunch we will end the day with the highlight of Cappadocia; The Goreme Open Air Museum. This is a 1600 years old educational center of the Greek Orthodox Church with stunning frescoes and wall painting on the cave churches and chapels.
Driving back to your hotel will stop at Pigeon Valley for some photos.
Then on to one of the cave hotels in Cappadocia.
Todays tours start off with a visit to Göreme with panoramic views. Learning the history and geological formation of Cappadocia while admiring the stunning lunar landscape.
Derinkuyu Underground City will be the next destination after a half hour drive. This underground city was first used as a shelter by the late Romans against potential Arabian invasions later became a natural food store for local people. Derinkuyu is the most profound underground city in the Cappadocia region.
After 45 minutes drive, we are at the entrance of Ihlara Valley formed by volcanic actions of Mt. Hasan, that is next to Ihlara Valley, the Melendiz River eroded the valley for millions of years which led to layers cracking and falling directing forming an 80 meter- deep canyon. The whole valley is 14 km.in length. In the past, Christians lived in the several parts of the Valley; where they carved churches and painted them.
We will arrive at the restaurant for lunch after a hike.
After the meal, we will take you to a unique place, known as Yaprakhisar seeing the best examples of the Conical Fairy Chimneys, Yaprakhisar is known as the“Star Wars Movie Set.”
Our tour will go on to a carved rock monastery. The monastery looks like a castle, but shelters, churches, chapels, bedrooms, storages, with a cathedral proves its a monastery.
You will have the chance to take a rest while we drive to Pigeon Valley. Upon arrival, the pigeons meet you at the top of the valley. Their eggs and droppings have been used for different purposes. Thus, local people gave the importance to the pigeons and carved many houses for them at the slopes of the valley.
Our tour will end with a transfer back to Nevsehir airport, taking the flight back to Istanbul. On arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel.
- Explore Dervent Imagination valley with different rock formations that look like animal figurines.
- When visiting Pasabag Fairy Chimneys, walking around will feel like you are in the country of Hobbits.
- In the town of Avanos, visit the local ceramic workshops
- Visit the Goreme Open Air Museum, a 1600 years old educational center of the Greek Orthodox Church
- Stop at Pigeon Valley for some photos
- See the panoramic views in Göreme
- Explore Derinkuyu, the most profound underground city in the Cappadocia region.
- Enjoy a hike in Ihlara Valley
- Visit Yaprakhisar which is known as the“Star Wars Movie Set.”
- See the Carved Rock Monastery
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 2 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pick-up servicePick up from hotels in Istanbul
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- 2 days private tour in Cappadocia
- Local taxes & 18 % VAT
- All admission fees to the sites and museums
- Lunch on tour
- English Speaking guiding
- A/C minivans on tours and transfers
- Return flight tickets
- Return private airport transfers in Cappadocia
- Return airport transfers in Istanbul
- 1 night BB accommodation at a lovely cave hotel
- Gratuities for the guide and driver
- Drinks at the meal
- Personal expenses
- Get your PNR Code for the flights
- In the summer, it is advisable to have a hat and sun cream
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing