2 Day 1 Night Cappadocia Group Tour From Istanbul By Plane with Hot Air Balloon Ride
Transfer from your hotel to Istanbul airport taking an early morning flight to Nevsehir. At Nevsehir airport, you will meet your guide and driver.
Our first stop is the Dervent Imagination valley with different rock formations looking like animal figurines.
Then we will head to Pasabag Fairy Chimneys, walking around you will feel like you are in the country of Hobbits.
Before lunch, we visit the local ceramic workshops in the town of Avanos where pottery has been part of life for over 4000 years.
Following lunch we will end the day with the highlight of Cappadocia; The Goreme Open Air Museum. This is a 1600 years old educational center of the Greek Orthodox Church with stunning frescoes and wall painting on the cave churches and chapels.
Driving back to your hotel will stop at Pigeon Valley for some photos.
Then on to one of the cave hotels in Cappadocia.
One of the best experiences of a lifetime is on a Hot Air Balloon ride. Flying over this unreal landscape will make you feel like you are on the moon or another planet. The combination of the colors, first lights of the day and the beauty of nature is completed with the excellent and professional service of the company. From the time we pick you up from your hotel until the time we leave you back, you will have amazing time flying over Cappadocia.
The rest of todays tour starts off with a visit to Göreme and panoramic views. Learning the history and geological formation of Cappadocia while admiring the stunning lunar landscape.
Derinkuyu Underground City will be the next destination after a half hour drive. This underground city was first used as a shelter by the late Romans against potential Arabian invasions later became a natural food store for local people. Derinkuyu is the most profound underground city in the Cappadocia region.
After 45 minutes drive, we are at the entrance of Ihlara Valley formed by volcanic actions of Mt. Hasan, that is next to Ihlara Valley, the Melendiz River eroded the valley for millions of years which led to layers cracking and falling directing forming an 80 meter- deep canyon. The whole valley is 14 km.in length. In the past, Christians lived in the several parts of the Valley; where they carved churches and painted them.
We will arrive at the restaurant for lunch after a hike.
After the meal, we will take you to a unique place, known as Yaprakhisar seeing the best examples of the Conical Fairy Chimneys, Yaprakhisar is known as the“Star Wars Movie Set.”
Our tour will go on to a carved rock monastery. The monastery looks like a castle, but shelters, churches, chapels, bedrooms, storages, with a cathedral proves its a monastery.
You will have the chance to take a rest while we drive to Pigeon Valley. Upon arrival, the pigeons meet you at the top of the valley. Their eggs and droppings have been used for different purposes. Thus, local people gave the importance to the pigeons and carved many houses for them at the slopes of the valley.
Our tour will end with a transfer back to Nevsehir airport, taking the flight back to Istanbul. On arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel.
- Hot air balloon riding
- When visiting Pasabag Fairy Chimneys, walking around will feel like you are in the country of Hobbits.
- See the Carved Rock Monastery
- Visit Yaprakhisar which is known as the“Star Wars Movie Set.”
- Enjoy a hike in Ihlara Valley
- Explore Derinkuyu, the most profound underground city in the Cappadocia region.
- See the panoramic views in Göreme
- Stop at Pigeon Valley for some photos
- Visit the Goreme Open Air Museum, a 1600 years old educational center of the Greek Orthodox Church
- In the town of Avanos, visit the local ceramic workshops
- Stay in a lovely Cave Hotel
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 2 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pick-up servicePick up from hotels in Istanbul.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Return airport transfers in Istanbul
- Return airport transfers in Cappadocia
- Return flight tickets
- A/C minivans on tours and transfers
- English Speaking guiding
- Lunch on tour
- All admission fees to the sites and museums
- Local taxes & 18 % VAT
- 2 days tour in Cappadocia
- Hot air balloon riding
- 1 day BB accommodation at a lovely cave hotel
- Personal expenses
- Drinks at the meal
- Get your PNR Code for the flights
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- In the summer it is advised to use sun scream and wear hats