Underground City and Ihlara Valley Group Tour With Lunch
Pick up from your hotel in Cappadocia and tour ends approximately 17.30, with a drop off back to your hotel.
Your tour will start with breathtaking panoramic views over Goreme. Listen to information about the history and the formation of Cappadocia while looking at the fairy chimneys. Following the information, you will have free time for photographs.
After driving for about 40 minutes, we arrive at Derinkuyu Underground City. This underground city was used by the late Romans as a shelter against potential invasions. Derinkuyu is the largest underground city in the Cappadocia region.
Next, we will drive to Ihlara Canyon. After 45 minutes we will arrive at the entrance of Ihlara Valt. Ihlara Valley was formed by the volcanic eruptions of Mt. Hasan, next to Ihlara Valley. Over the years Melendiz River eroded the Valley, which meant the layers cracked and eventually, an 80-meter deep canyon was composed. We will hike roughly 3km, which should take about an hour.
We will then arrive at the restaurant for lunch with views over the Valley. There is a set menu of soup and salad for starter, then you may choose one of the main dishes from the list and enjoy a dessert of seasonal fruits. After lunch, we will take you to Yaprakhisar. You will see the most beautiful examples of fairy chimneys.
Our tour will continue to Selime Monastery. Then you will hear stories about the monastic life in Cappadocia. We will stop for a short rest and your guide will tell you all about some traditions, cultures and stories of Anatolia.
We will then arrive at Pigeon Valley. Pigeons have always been a crucial element for the Cappadocian people. Their eggs and droppings are used for different purposes. The local people even carved houses for them into the slopes of the Valley.
The last stop on your tour will be a visit to an onyx factory in Uchisar. In the factory, you will hear information about the steps of onyx shaping, and also watch a shaping show.
At the end of your tour, you will be dropped back to your hotel in Cappadocia.
- Take in the panoramic views over Goreme
- Hike to Ilhara Valley and see how the canyon was formed
- Enjoy lunch with views over Ilhara Valley
- See Selime Monastry and hear stories of the monastic lives of people through history
- Hear how important Pigeons are to the Cappadocian people at Pigeon Valley
- Visit the Oynx factory and see how the minerals are sourced and shaped
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from hotel in and around Cappadocia.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- All Entrance Fees
- Hotel Pickup and drop-off
- English speaking guide
- Alcoholic/Soft drinks with lunch
- Personal expenses
- We recommend you wear clothing and footwear suitable for hiking and walking on rough, uneven surfaces. In the summer months, please bring your own hats and sunscreen.
- The underground city is not appropriate for people who suffer from claustrophobia.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1