Full Day Small Group Tour of Cappadocia from Istanbul
You will be met at your Istanbul hotel for a transfer to Istanbul Airport to begin your day adventure to Cappadocia.
After a short flight, land at Kayseri International Airport and meet your air-conditioned vehicle for a short ride to the beautiful Rose Valley. Arrive and begin a walking tour with your guide. Learn about the rose-coloured rocks whose tone changes during the day and is the reason for Rose Valley’s etymology.
Admire the valley’s weathered volcanic monoliths, craggy pinnacles, fairy chimneys and dense orchards and vineyards. Continue to the Rose Valley’s cave churches, learn how the monks once used them up until 1000BC.
We will then visit a historical deserted rock village filled with ancient houses and churches, known as Old Çavuşin. Here, capture stunning shots of the creepy houses and admire the impressive Basilica of St John the Baptist which stands on the hilltop overlooking Çavuşin.
Stop for lunch at a traditional Turkish restaurant, before continuing to the old town of Ortahisar to witness the commanding presence of Ortahisar Castle, a Byzantine-era fortification. Climb up its narrow passages and pass carved out rooms. At the top, enjoy views over the city. Next, we will explore the Kaymakli Underground City and delve into the winding network of subsurface tunnels, living quarters, stables, kitchens and cellars. Hear how this city was once the home to Christians that sought refuge from persecution.
Finally, spend time looking at the astounding cave homes at Pigeon Valley.
- Learn about the rose-coloured rocks in Rose Valley
- Marvel at the fairy chimneys and dense orchards and vineyards
- Hear how the church caves were used by monks before the end of the first millennium
- Take amazing pictures of creepy houses and see the magnificent Basilica of St John the Baptist
- Go see the old town of Ortahisar to gaze up at the commanding presence of Ortahisar Castle
- Get lost in the winding network of subsurface tunnels in Kaymakli Underground City
- Discover the astounding cave homes at Pigeon Valley
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 14 to 16 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick Up from Istanbul Hotels or Airports.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Round Trip Transfer Between The Hotel And Airport.
- Luxurious Vehicles For Transportation.
- Parking Fees.
- Entrance Fees.
- Flight Fees.
- Professional Tour Guide.
- Personal Expenses.
- Comfortable footwear will be important for your experience.