Full Day Red Valley Hike & Kaymakli Underground City Tour
After a hike through the beautiful Red valley, visit the magnificent Kaymakli Underground city and immerse yourself within the fascinating region's natural and cultural grandness.
Following your hotel pick-up, your adventure begins in the Red Valley, where your guide takes you through breath-taking landscape of red clay and unique rock formations. The whole valley is coloured in a spectrum of fiery hues that slowly change throughout the day. As you walk, be amazed at the natural vibrancy around you, taking in the vineyards and orchards scattered throughout the stone formations that add another flare of colour. Your hike ends in the Cavusin Village, which is famous for its rock-cut churches.
After exploring the unbelievable churches and breaking for lunch, head to Kaymakli to go to its wonderful underground town. This city is a network of around 100 subterranean tunnels carved eight levels into the earth. Visit the first 4 of these floors and learn about the ancient civilisation that once populated the caves as you wander through wineries, kitchens, and churches.
Once you emerge above ground once more, your guide takes you to the astounding Ortahisar Castle, a large castle-like rock formation, as well as the city surrounding it. Explore the honeycomb of rooms and tunnels carved into the natural fortress, and take in spectacular views of the region before heading back to your hotel.
- See the rich colours of vineyards, rock churches and the fairy chimneys
- Get a chance to explore local life at the charming Cavusin village
- Explore Kaymakli, Cappadocia's most popular underground city
- Visit Ortahisar Castle carved from an enormous rock formation
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese
- Duration: 7 to 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePickup from your Cappadocia/Goreme hotel.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Guided tour of Red Valley and the Kaymakli Underground City
- Admission fees
- A traditional Turkish lunch
- Roundtrip transport to and from most Cappadocia hotels
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- In the Summer months please apply suncream
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes as you will be walking while on the tour
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel reception 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time