Full Day Cappadocia Red Group Tour
Cappadocia Red Day Tour will start when you are picked up from your hotel for the tour.
First stop is at Uchisar Castle, constructed on the highest point of the region. It has an entirely distinct castle form, including graves, tunnels and churches. Moving on you will visit the Goreme Open Air Museum. The museum is famous for understanding the influence of the Christianity religion of the region.
For ethical reasons it is the most famous attraction, a complex of several painted cave-churches carved out by Orthodox monks between 900 and 1200 AD. You will then visit Cavusin Old Village; this is an old Greek village about 4 kilometres from Göreme. The old village mostly deserted because rock falls that plagued the area. At Çavusin you will visit the Church of St. John the Baptist that dates from the 5th century with paintings from the 6th, 7th and 8th centuries. You will continue onto Pasabag to see three-headed fairy chimneys.
Visit Pasabag, (the Pasha's Vineyard), surrounded by incredible natural rock formations what a spectacular scene. You will then have 1 hour for lunch in Han Restaurant which is very cool and popular with locals in the region. The starter will be soup and after will be self-service.
After lunch, you will visit The Pottery Art Gallery that has been open since 2000 BC, where people could get the red clays (terra rosa) around Kizilirmak river the longest river of Turkey, with white clays (Caulin) from the volcanic hills.
Moving on you will visit the Devrent valley, with ruins spread over three valleys, also house several pointed fairy chimneys with large stems. The last two stops are Urgup Fairy Chimneys and the Carpet Factory. The "fairy chimneys" with caps have a conical-shaped body and a boulder on top of it. The fairy chimneys are the symbols of Ürgüp and called holy spirit chimneys.
At the carpet factory, you will see carpets with patterns that resemble a collection of messages, beliefs and symbols. Every pattern woven into a rug is a picture of a feeling, a desire or a wish.
- Visit Uchisar Castle, constructed on the highest point of the region, including graves, tunnels and churches, that cannot be found in any place in the world.
- Cavusin (old Greek village) mostly deserted because of the rock falls.
- Pottery Art Gallery open since 2000 BC with (terra rosa) clay found around Kızılırmak river the longest river of Turkey.
- Visit the Devrent valley, with ruins spread over three valleys Goreme Open Air Museum. The museum is essential to the influence of the Christianity religion of the region.
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 7 to 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from Cappadocia hotels.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Entrance Fees
- Parking fees
- Luxurious air conditioned vehicle for transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Personal Expenses
- Comfortable footwear will be important for your experience.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1