Feel The Magic of The Fairy Chimneys on A Southern Cappadocia Turkey Tour
You will be collected in an air-conditioned coach at your Ürgüp or Göreme hotel and then travel to experience your Group Southern Cappadocia Turkey Tour. Famous for its rock formations, fairy chimneys and ancient settlements. Your first stop will be Pigeon Valley, a beautiful gulley where thousands of pigeon houses have been built into the rocks and cliffs. Here you can take photo's of the dovecotes as you with hear how centuries ago, local farmers used pigeon droppings as a crop fertiliser on your Cappadocia Tour.
Next, we go to the Red Valley, a fantastic area of red and multicoloured rocks and cliffs. Accompanied by your guide absorb the views of the famous caves, vineyards and orchards. See into some of the hidden rock churches and learn how Christians used them through the years. Then travel on to the Kaymakli Underground City, one of the best-preserved cities on any tour Cappadocia. Explore its hand-cut rock passages and rooms as you will hear all about how the Christians used them as hideaways to escape persecution.
From here we will continue to ‘old’ Çavuşin, a deserted village which is cut into the hillside. Marvel at the desolate rock houses, caves and shelters and hear about the people who once called them home, and why they left.
After this, we will stop for lunch at a traditional local Turkish restaurant and visit Avanos, famous for its pottery and crafts.
Visit a beautiful workshop and see the potters in action and try making your pottery masterpiece! Learn about the local clay-working techniques that have been passed down through generations of potters as you watch and work. Your tour will end here, and you will be then dropped back to your hotel having enjoyed your best Cappadocia tours.
- Discover the fantastic Red Valley and visit its hidden cave churches
- See the abandoned rock houses of old Çavuşin village
- Explore the Kaymakli Underground City and view the dovecotes of Pigeon Valley
- Visit Avanos, a traditional town known for its pottery making
- Watch potters at work and try making your earthenware masterpiece
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese
- Duration: 7 to 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your Cappadocia hotel
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Professional Tour Guide
- Entrance Fees
- Luxurious Vehicles For Transportation
- All Taxes
- Parking Fees
- Food and drink
- Optional Gratuities
- Personal expenses
- We recommend you wear comfortable and suitable footwear and clothing for this tour. In the summer months please bring sunscreen and wear a hat to protect you from the sun
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1