Cappadocia Group Green Tour
The first thing you will see on tour is the panoramic view of Goreme. You will get information about the history and formation of Cappadocia while gazing upon the fairy chimneys. There will also be free time to take photographs. You will pass by Derinkuyu Yeralti Sehri while driving to the Underground City.
The local people once used the underground city as a natural deep freezer, but the Romans later used it as a shelter against potential invasions. Listen to the compelling stories from your guide, and you will spend almost 1 hour here.
We will then pass by Ihlara Valley, which is about 52 km away from the Underground City. Ihlara Valley was formed by the volcano of Mt. Hasan, which is next to Ihlara Valley. The Melendiz River eroded the valley for millions of years, which is why the layers cracked and collapsed. Eventually, an 80-meter deep canyon was composed.
In the past, Christians lived in several parts of the valley. They are also known to have carved the churches and painted them. You will hike about 3,5 km before arriving at a local restaurant for lunch. After lunch, the tour guide will take you to Yaprakhisar where you will see beautiful examples of conical fairy chimneys.
Visit the Selime Monastery, where at first look, the monastery looks like a castle but shelters churches, chapels, bedrooms, storages and a big cathedral proving to us as being a monastery.
You will then pass by Pigeon Valley while climbing to the Selime Monastery. The pigeons have always been crucial for the Cappadocian people. The eggs and droppings are used for different purposes. For this reason, the local people carved houses for them to the slopes of the Valley.
At the end of your tour, you will be taken back to your hotel.
- Visit the historical Underground City
- See the amazing panoramic view of Goreme
- Hotel pickup and drop-off provided
- Hear insightful commentary from the guide
- Have lunch next to the Melendiz River
- All inclusive tour
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Turkish
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Cappadocia/Goreme.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks (Available to purchase)
- Please include your hotel name and address when making your booking.
- Infant seats available on request. Storage for strollers also available.
- We cannot guarantee hotel pick up on bookings made within 24 hours of departure.