Private Tour Ephesus, Temple Of Artemis & House Of Virgin Mary from Kusadasi
After years of working on our private tour of Ephesus, Temple Of Artemis and the House Of Virgin Mary programme with our expert guides and professional staff we are honoured to announce we have %100 satisfaction guaranteed service.
This full-day private tour includes lunch and admission fees, plus a guided walking tour of Ephesus, including the Great Theater, Odeon, Celsius library and an optional visit to the Terrace Houses.
We start our tour with a drive to the House of the Virgin Mary approximately 30 minutes from Kusadasi. We can also pick you up from Selcuk. The House of Virgin Mary is one of the pilgrimage centres of Christians where Virgin Mary spent her later years and died. Pope Paul VI visited the shrine in 1967, and ‘unofficially’ confirmed its authenticity. Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI have also visited this shrine.
We drive to Ephesus, famous in antiquity for its Temple of Artemis during the years of the Roman Empire, the Greek port of Ephesus became the greatest city in Asia Minor.
You will start your Ephesus excursion at the upper Magnesia Gate and work your way down through the city, ending near the ancient Harbor. Along the way, you will see the Forum, the Odeon, the Library of Celsus, the Thermal Baths of Scolastika and the Great Theater, built in the Greek era and reconstructed in the Roman period. It has played host to programs as varied as Paul and his sermons to the Ephesians, to concerts by Sting, in part due to its remarkable acoustics.
You will walk along the Arcadian Way, where once Mark Antony and Cleopatra rode in procession. You will hear stories of Alexander the Great, the Virgin Mary and many other famous visitors who walked the same marble streets that you are walking.
After Ephesus, we will visit Temple of Artemis which is one of the seven wonders of Ancient time.
After exploring all the fascinating sites, your private Ephesus shore excursion includes lunch at a nearby small rug weaving village. Delicious homemade Turkish lunch will be served.
After lunch, you will be given information about this dying work of art as well as time for shopping. We then drop you off at the address you want at the end of the tour.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience.
- Visit the holy place which is the House of Virgin Mary, where she spent last days of her life.
- See Ancient Ephesus where the route will take you past the Odeon, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater and many more great sights.
- Explore the Temple of Artemis, considered to be one of the Seven wonders of the Ancient World.
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, Dutch, Japanese, Spanish
- Duration: 6 to 8 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pick-up serviceAvailable from Kusadasi Cruise Port or Selcuk & Kusadasi Hotels.
- Disability ServicesFacilities, equipment and wheelchairs are available on request.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Complimentary bottled water.
- Transport by Private De-Luxe Vehicles.
- Private Local Licensed Guide.
- Transport by Private De-Luxe Cars.
- Lunch included.
- Free port pickup and drop-off included.
- All entrance fees included.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Comfortable footwear will be important for you experience as there will be moderate walking during the tour.
- Bare shoulders are not permitted in holy places of worship such as churches, monasteries, mosques and synagogues.
- During the summer months use sun protection.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1