Safari Tour, Kilimanjaro Climb, Gorilla Trek and Zanzibar BEACHES
AFRICAN TRAVEL TOURIs a tour, travel and safari company legally incorporated in Tanzania and operating in the entire East Africa. We offer Wildlife safaris, Gorilla Safaris, Bird Watching Safaris, Mountain Hiking, Chimpanzee trekking, Cultural Tours, Guided Nature walks, Air ticketing, airport transfers, Local Flight reservation, Hotel reservation plus Customized Tours in Tanzania.
MISSION AND VISION:Our integrity is about taking pride in what we do, what we stand for and basing our actions, everyday, everywhere in the easy Africa, in ensuring our values become a reality for our guests, internally and externally.
OUR PROFESSIONAL GUIDES:Our driver guide will accompany you on safari. They are committed and professional local expect offering insights on the region histories, geography, wildlife and cultural traditions who are in the relationship with our tour leaders.
- Wildlife Safaris
- Gorilla Safaris
- Birding Safaris
- Mountain Hiking
- Air Ticketing
- Guided Nature Walks
- Cultural Tours
Arrive in Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO), you will be met by one of our representatives and taken to our hotel.
Climb orientation and equipment check at the hotel
Drive from hotel to the Machame entrance and begin our ascent in the lush forest. We arrive in the afternoon at our Machame Camp and enjoy a wonderful dinner before retiring to bed.
After breakfast, we head out and wind our way through the moor lands to Shira camp (12,450).
We leave Shira Camp and trek to the Lava Tower, where we enjoy lunch and views of the Western Breach route. We descend to Barranco Camp (12,750’). Upon reaching camp, we size up the next day’s crux, the Great Barranco Wall.
After ascending the Great Barranco Wall, we pause for photographs above the clouds and then descend down to Karanga Camp (12,950’).
Today we ascend to Kosovo Camp (15,550’), this will be our high camp. We have an early dinner and drift off to sleep in anticipation of the early morning start for our summit climb.
We have an ‘alpine start’ shortly after midnight, and climb through the night using head lights until the first rays of sunlight illuminate the mountain and surrounding landscape. We arrive at Stella Point, take a short break, and then continue to Uhuru Peak and savor our moments here at the “roof” of Africa. After summit photos, and ample time for rest and snacks, we descend to Mweka Camp (10,150’) and return to the lush green forest for our last night on the mountain.
Still savoring our summit success, we awake and enjoy our last breakfast together on Kilimanjaro, then descend to the Mweka Gate and have a celebratory buffet style meal to quench our burgeoning appetites! We thank our Tanzanian staff, and drive back to Arusha to shower and enjoy a meal together in town.
Safari begins! After breakfast, you will be collected from the Mt Meru hotel in Arusha at 8:00 AM, and drive to Tarangire National Park. On arrival into the park, we experience our first ‘game drive’, then in the evening we drive to Tarangire safari lodge or similar for overnight, which is located strategically at the border of the park, where guests can see wildlife ‘close up’ that visit the lodge.
After an early breakfast we depart Tarangire park for Serengeti National Park en route game drive and late evening drive to central Serengeti for shower dinner and overnight.
Full day in the Serengeti with morning and afternoon game drives. Alternatively, you can take a packed lunch and spend the whole day in the bush (keep in mind the best times to view game are early and late in the day). Dinner & Overnight mbugani tented camps. The following day offers guests a full day of game viewing in the Serengeti while enjoying a game drive en route to the exit gate and then continuing the drive to Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority dinner and overnight.
After your early breakfast collect your picnic lunch and start descending down to the crater floor for a game drive and at the mid of the day drive along HIPO pool and enjoy your packed lunch box late afternoon drive back to Arusha for dinner and overnight.
After breakfast start your return journey to Zanzibar or to your country of origin drop off at Kilimanjaro air port or Arusha Airport depend on your schedule.
Itinerary for 14days With Kilimanjaro Climb, Tarangire, Serengeti, and Ngorongoro
Kilimanjaro, the “roof” of Africa, is located in Tanzania and is surrounded by many famous game-viewing parks. Our route up Kilimanjaro, the Machame, is a nontechnical journey through five very distinctive climate zones, allowing ample time for acclimatization. We ascend Kilimanjaro in style, enjoying the incredible views, camaraderie, and sense of accomplishment in climbing one of the famed “7 Summits.”
African travel tour offers the premier climbing experience on Kilimanjaro. Quality is unsurpassed throughout the expedition, and our service reflects a well thought out menu plan, enthusiastic and supportive local staff, and well-appointed accommodations on the mountain. Our guides professional who have led expeditions on Kilimanjaro and Meru These guides know how to run a mountaineering expedition, and are well equipped to handle the challenges that arise in any high altitude endeavor. This is the primary difference between us and other Kilimanjaro ‘outfitters.'
We conclude our climb of Kilimanjaro then head out on safari! This is a truly rewarding transition in that we have just returned from mountain climbing and now enjoy spectacular game viewing during the day, then retire in luxury lodges to recount the day’s wildlife sightings over a gourmet meal. Our safari is expertly organized to maximize game viewing opportunity and minimize drive time. During the safari we visit these parks:
Though relatively unknown, this park is potentially Africa’s best kept secret in terms of abundant wildlife and minimal crowds. The Tarangire takes us back in time thousands of years to a land untouched by man and in its natural state and famous for its Elephant migration and Baobab Trees.
The Serengeti: Perhaps one of Africa’s best-known game parks, the Serengeti is one of the largest game parks in the world. Often our Land Cruisers are caught among large herds of animals in migration. Here we have the opportunity to visit a traditional Masai village and interact with a people who live much the same as they did thousands of years ago.
The Ngorongoro Crater
Located in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, the Ngorongoro Crater is the world’s largest intact volcanic caldera and has often been referred to as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of Africa. It lies in an exceptional geographical position, forming a spectacular bowl of 265 km2 with a heavily forested rim rising to 600m. The crater is thought to have appeared 2.5 million years ago from a large active volcano whose cone collapsed. It is home to between 20 and 30,000 wild animals including the highly endangered black rhino
We regularly organize custom programs for private groups. We are happy to accommodate your program dates, as well as other specific requests related to the itinerary, amenities, and group size. Please contact us if you would like to know more about custom teller made programs.
The Costs Include:
- Park entrance fees in all the National PARK including Kilimanjaro climb and for Ngorongoro crater
- Experienced English Speaking driver-guide
- Transportation in a chauffeur driven land cruiser with pop-up roof for easy game viewing & photography with guaranteed window seat
- Free Mineral water during game drives/safari 1.5ml per person per day
- Climbing Kilimanjaro cost, park fees and mineral water per person per day.
- Transport to kili climb, Moshi to Arusha.
The Cost Excludes:
- International Flights and visa
- Additional sightseeing or deviation from the itinerary
- Hot Air Balloon ride in the Serengeti ($550pp) Available on request.
- All items of a personal nature such as tobacco; laundry; phone calls, alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks, etc
- Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide(s)
- Any Other Items not mentioned as included
- Soft-sided luggage or duffels are preferable to hard luggage for storage on safari vehicles within East Africa. Large suitcases of dimensions greater than 24"x 17"x 7" are impossible to store in vehicles and on aircraft and should not be used. (Baggage and personal effects are at owner's risk throughout the tour and baggage
- insurance for members is strongly advised).
- Passengers should bring only soft sided bags on safari
- All the passengers must have Identification Card/Passport with them for internal flights.
- Baggage on internal flights is strictly limited to 15kgs per person (including hand luggage.
- Any excess baggage will be charged by the airline at check-in.
- Passengers arriving in Tanzania may be asked to present a valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificates.
- Are you vegetarian? Any food allergy, I will be more than happy to have all details for early arrangement
- MY WHATS UP NUMBER IS +255 784 994 151
- 2017-2018 Departures:
- 20-27th July 7days_ Tarangire,Serengeti,Ngorongoro and Manyara.
- 25th-29th July 3dys- Tarangire, Manyara and Ngorongoro
- 26th-30th July 5days Tarangire, Serengeti and Ngorongoro.
- 1st-5th 5days Tarangire, Serengeti and Ngorongoro.
- 13th-19th 7days Arusha park,Tarangire,Ngorongoro,Serengeti
- 13th-19th 7days Kilimanjaro climb Machame route
- 21st-26th 6days Kilimanjaro Climb Marangu rout
- 3rd-6th 4days Meru climb
- 5th-8th 4days Serengeti and Ngorongoro only.
- 2nd-5th 4 Meru Climb
- 5th-10th 6days Safari to Lake Manyara
- 15th-29th 7days safari and 7days Zanzibar.
- 15th-20th 6days Lake Eyasi,Serengeti,Ngorongoro and Manyara
- 17th-23th 14
- 20th-25th 6days Serengeti,ngorongoro and Lake Manyara\
- 26th-31st 6days NEW YEAR CELEBRATE ON TOP OF AFRICA_KILIMANJARO CLIMB.
- 2nd-6th 1days geme drive Arusha park,4days Meru climb
- 20th-25th 6days Kilimanajro climb MArangu route
- 21st-28th 8days Kilimanjaro Climb Lemosho route.
Please inquire about our cancellation and refund guidelines.
- Trekking Poles: adjustable poles
- Trekking Boots: comfortable trekking boots or mid top hiking shoes
- Socks: minimum 3 pair thick mountaineering socks and 3 pair liner socks
- Short Underwear: 1-2 pair of synthetic short underwear
- Long Underwear: 1-2 pair lightweight long underwear pants and shirts
- Long Underwear: 1 pair of heavy expedition weight long underwear
- Trekking Pants: nylon pants worn during warm days
- Soft Shell Jacket: a hooded jacket
- Soft Shell Pants: for trekking and climbing
- Insulated Jacket: PrimaLoft or down
- Expedition Down Parka: a hooded down jacket with 800 minimum down fill
- Balaclava: to cover your face and neck on windy days
- Sun Hat: a baseball style sun camp
- Buff: 1-2 of these to wear around your neck & face to block the wind, UV rays, dust
- Glacier Glasses: wrap around style sunglasses with dark lenses
- Goggles: with dark lenses
- Soft Shell Gloves: 1 pair
- Shell Gloves with Insulated Liner: 1 pair
- Shell Mittens with Insulated Liner: 1 pair
- Sleeping Bag: rated to at least -20 °F (down is preferable over synthetic)
- Compression Stuff Sacks: for reducing volume for your sleeping bag and down jacket
- Self-Inflating Pad: a full length air mattress
- Closed Cell Foam Pad: full length is best
- Sunscreen: SPF 50 or stronger
- Lips screen: SPF 30 or stronger
- Water Bottles: 2 bottles with 1 liter capacity each
- Water Bottle Parkas: to keep your water from freezing
- Pee Bottle: 1+ liter capacity recommended
- Pee Funnel: for women
- Knife: optional, toothbrush, ba
- Toiletry Bag: toothpaste by wipes, etc.
- Hand Sanitizer: 2 small bottles
- Hand Warmers / Toe Warmers: 1-2 sets of each for summit day
- Trash Compactor Bags (3): to line stuff sacks and separate gear
- Camera: lightweight with extra batteries
- Travel Clothes: for days in Arusha or on safari
- Large Duffel Bag with Lock: for transporting all personal gear during the climb, waterproof is best
- Small Duffel Bag: to store items in the hotel
- Small Personal First Aid Kit: athletic tape, band aids, Ibuprofen, Moleskin, blister care products, personal medications, cough drops, etc.
- Acetazolamide (Diamox) for altitude illness, antibiotics such as Ciprofloxin or Azithromycin for gastro intestinal or respiratory illness, Ibuprofen for muscle soreness, Pepto Bismol for loose stool, Excedrin for headaches, anti-nausea medications, etc.
- Electrolyte Replacement Drink Mix: bring a supply for 6 days
- Energy Gel: single serving gel packs such as GU, Clif Shot, Powergel, etc.
- Energy Bars: Power Bar, Cliff Bar, etc.
Average Rating For
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1
5 / 5.0