One Day Safari to Arusha National Park
Three major attractions in the park: First is the Ngurdoto Crater, which is sometimes called Mini Ngorongoro.
Secondly, there are the Momella lakes, which are shallow alkaline lakes that get their water from underground streams.
Finally, there is the spectacular Meru Crater. Mount Meru (14,990 feet) is described as one of the most rewarding mountains to climb in Africa. Visitors can climb the mountain, or organize walking safaris.
The park also provides great views of Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru on clear days. The remains of a large volcano, the Ngurdoto Crater is a steep-sided bowl of lush swamps and riverine forest, which is home to elephant, buffalo, warthog, baboon, reedbuck, Colobus monkeys, and duikers.
Mosses, ferns, lichens and orchids thrive in the damp atmosphere of the crater, giving way to huge mahogany, olive and date palm trees on the drier crater walls.
The tranquil beauty of the Momela Lakes brings to the park a wide variety of bird-life (over 380 species) including flamingos, waterfowl, African pochard, ibis, heron, egrets, colourful turacos, and trogons.
The rocky crags of Mount Meru see a large number of birds of prey and you may be lucky enough to spot lammergeyers, a large, rare bird of prey, floating on the updraughts from the crater. Other game includes hippo, giraffe, zebra, antelope, blue monkey, dik-dik, reedbuck, klipspringers, leopard, and spotted hyena.
- Game Drive
- Mount Meru (14,990 feet) and the Meru Crater
- Black and white Colobus Monkey
- Momella Lakes
- Ngurudoto Crater (Little Ngorongoro)
- Pick-Up and Drop Off at Moshi Hotels
- Professional Tour Guides
- Walking Safaris
- Excellent Bird Watching tours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up servicePickup from your Hotel and take you to Arusha National Park then in the evening return you to your Hotel
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- 1.5L of Water
- Transport From and to your hotel
- Game Drive to Arusha National Park
- English Speak Driver or Guide
- Park fees
- Private Day Trip Safari to Arusha National Park
- Personal Item
- Tip for guide or Driver
- Drinks not stated in Inclusions
- Meals not stated in Inclusions
Game drives, walking safaris with an armed ranger (required for walking safaris), bird watching along the 7 Momella soda lakes, cultural tourism outside the park gate (visit a Maasai and Meru tribes village), Ngurdoto Crater
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking
- Bring binoculars for Bird Watching
- When out on Walking Safaris, it is important you do not stray from the group and always listen to the rangers instructions carefully
© Copyright 2017 Private Tour Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission!
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Private Tour Inc.'s Terms & Conditions.