Sagrada Familia, Gothic Quarter & El Born Private Tour
Barcelona is a city where modern and medieval history and architecture meet and perfectly blend. It is what makes the city so enigmatic and attracts visitors time and time again. So why not get an excellent overview of both the past and present of Barcelona, with a private 4-hour walking tour that includes the Sagrada Familia, the Gothic Quarter and El Born. In each of these places, you’ll find something different and equally impressive.
At the Sagrada Familia, you will learn about Gaudi’s modernist style, while in the Gothic Quarter you’ll explore Barcelona’s Medieval, and even the Roman side. Last but not least, in El Born, you’ll find both ancient and present day influences, as you walk around trendy districts full of restaurants frequented by locals. Our private, fully licensed guide will accompany you in this journey through Barcelona’s diversity. You will meet your private guide at the Sagrada Familia, Barcelona’s most famous monument.
Once you have finished exploring the outside of the church, adorned by intricate carvings and hidden meanings that your guide will explain to you, you’ll continue your exploration of Gaudi’s artistic mind inside the Sagrada Familia. In choosing this tour, you’ll be granted skip-the-line tickets so that you won’t have to waste precious time standing in a line.
You will feel the benefit of having a private guide at your side, as they explain to you in detail every curiosity about Gaudi’s life and works. Once you have finished your visit to the Sagrada Familia, you will choose to either take a taxi or the metro (both payable on site) so that you’ll be transported to an entirely different landscape: the Gothic Quarter and its medieval buildings.
There you’ll learn about Barcelona’s medieval past assisted step by step with your guide. In the Gothic District, you can also find the remainings of an ancient Roman wall- a real voyage through time! The two different historical periods you’ll have visited so far collide together as you pass by Gaudi’s Palau Guell, right in the Gothic Quarter.
Finally, you’ll explore a bit of the life of a local Barcelona citizen of the present era. You’ll be shown the upmarket El Born area, full of trendy bars and boutique shops. Your professional and local guide will suggest you to which tapas place to go, so you can avoid tourist traps, and enjoy a lovely Catalan meal at the end of your tour.
- Learn about Gaudi’s life and works
- Explore the Gothic Quarter and the El Born district
- Enjoy the company of a private, licensed guide at your disposal
- Visit the Sagrada Familia's outside and inside with our skip-the-line tickets
- Tour of some of the best highlights in Barcelona
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 4 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour MUST be booked no less than 3 days in advance
- The adult price applies to all participants
- Easy CancellationNon-refundable
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Skip-the-line tickets for Sagrada Familia
- Four hours with your private guide
- Tips for the guide
- Taxi/metro from the Gothic quarter to the Sagrada Familia
- This tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress accordingly.
- We recommend you wear comfortable footwear suitable for long periods of walking for this tour.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.