Sagrada and Barrio Gotico Semi-Private Tour
Our Outdoor Sagrada and Barrio Gotico Semi-Private Tour brings you all around Barcelona to discover some of its most stunning places. You will be part of a super friendly group up to 10 people, so that the atmosphere will be intimate and entertaining. You will all be escorted by one of our great licensed guides, who will lead you through these attractions while telling you all about them.
Your tour starts from the Sagrada Familia, where you will meet your guide and the rest of your group. You will see the cathedral from the outside, but it will feel as if you were exploring it indoors thanks to the explanations of your super expert guide.
The history of Sagrada Familia is actually very tangled and interesting. Its construction started 126 years ago, in 1892, and it is still underway! Gaudì became the head architect in 1893 and devoted the rest of his life to the Sagrada, even if he never saw his masterpiece completed. Rumours tell that it will finally be finished in 2026, to give proper tribute to the centenary of Gaudì’s death, but who knows? Maybe the cathedral will be forever incomplete…
After discovering everything about the Sagrada, you will take the metro for one stop towards Plaza Catalunya. This is one of the biggest and most iconic squares in Barcelona and will lead you directly to Passeig the Gracia. This is one of the most famous and beautiful avenues in town and by walking along it, you will take the path to the Barrio Gotico.
It is the centre of the old city of Barcelona, stretching from La Rambla to Via Laietana, and from the Mediterranean seafront to Ronda de Sant Pere. The quarter was built in the late 19th and early 20th century, even if many buildings date back to the Middle Ages. You can even spot several remains of the squared Roman Wall here and there as you walk around the district. Here you will also get the chance to explore the gorgeous medieval Jewish quarter with its stunning Sinagoga Major de Barcelona. Also known as El Call, this is one of the oldest and most impressive Jewish ghettos in Europe.
Most of the quarter is closed to regular traffic so that walking through it is quite safe. However having a walk through the Barri Gòtic can be literally twisting, since it has a very twisting street plan, where very small streets opening out into squares.
This is where your tour ends. You will feel enriched and completely relaxed after this unforgettable and amazing stroll around Barcelona’s beauties.
We can not accept bookings of this tour less than 48 hours in advance.
- Have an unforgettable overview of some of the best places in Barcelona
- See and learn about the famous Sagrada Familia
- Discover Passeig the Gracia which is one of the most famous and beautiful avenues in town
- Walk on Plaza Catalunya, one of the biggest and most iconic squares in Barcelona
- Take the path to the Barrio Gotico in the centre of the old city of Barcelona
- Explore the gorgeous medieval Jewish quarter with its stunning Sinagoga Major de Barcelona
- See El Call, this is one of the oldest and most impressive Jewish ghettos in Europe
- Get a private and expert guide for the whole tour
- Join a group up to 10 people
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour MUST be booked no less than 3 days in advance
- A minimum of 4 adults is required to book this tour
- This tour is available Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays
- Easy CancellationNon-refundable
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- 4-hour guide
- Semi-private tour
- One metro stop
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- We recommend you wear comfortable footwear suitable for long periods of walking for this tour.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1