Private Gothic Barcelona and Old District Tour
Our Tour of Gothic Barcelona and Old District brings you around Barcelona's best must-sees for a deep exploration of this absolute Catalonian gem!
This tour of Gothic Barcelona and old district will start from the Gothic quarter, also known as the “Barri Gòtic”: it is an area built like a maze, with many little alleys lined by local and artisan shops. Its crossing alleys remind us that this was the original centre of Roman and medieval Barcelona, which today still forms the heart of the modern city.
The Gothic district is also famous as the location of the Cathedral of the Holy Cross and St. Eulalia, which your guide will illustrate for you. You will then proceed to Las Ramblas, the most famous street in Barcelona, crowded by both tourists and locals.
During this pleasant walk, you will also have a close look at the stunning façade of the Palau de la Musica Catalan and the local Boqueria Market, one of the most visited markets in Barcelona. It is, without a doubt, the most popular and colourful, as well as being the biggest in Spain. Here, with your guide, you will discover the most typical Spanish dishes.
The trip will continue with a walk around the Borne district, a much quieter area compared to Las Ramblas, house to the Picasso Museum, and finish with the Ancient Jewish district. Jewish quarters can be found throughout Spain and Barcelona is no exception. This country was a promised land for Jews running away from persecutions all over Europe. The Jewish Quarter is another labyrinth of alleys, whose major highlights are of course the Sinagoga Mayor and the Centre d’Interpretació del Call: a museum to trace the steps of Jewish life in Medieval Barcelona.
The only thing you need to do is choosing our Tour of Gothic Barcelona and Old District and contact us; we will arrange the best tour for you!
- Tour around some of the most beautiful places around Barcelona
- Experience the Gothic Quarter which is built like a maze reminding us that this was the original centre of Roman and medieval Barcelona
- See and learn about the Cathedral of the Holy Cross and St. Eulalia from your expert guide
- Proceed to Las Ramblas, the most famous street in Barcelona, crowded by both tourists and locals.
- Have a close look at the stunning façade of the Palau de la Musica Catalan and the local Boqueria Market, one of the most visited markets in Barcelona
- Stroll around the Borne district, home to the Picasso Museum
- Walk through a labyrinth of alleys when in the Jewish Quarter
- See the Sinagoga Mayor and the Centre d’Interpretació del Call: a museum to trace the steps of Jewish life in Medieval Barcelona.
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour MUST be booked no less than 3 days in advance
- All participants pay the adult price
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- 4-hour private guide
- Walking tour
- Entrance fees and tastings to be paid on site
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Transportation to/from attractions (to be paid on site if required)
- We recommend you wear comfortable footwear suitable for long periods of walking for this tour.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress accordingly.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1