Barcelona Picasso Tour with Private Guide
Choose our Barcelona Picasso Tour and discover Barcelona through the eyes of the most influential painter of the 20th century, Pablo Picasso.
If you are artistic, curious and adventurous all at the same time, this is the perfect tour for you! We offer our customers 4 hours guided tour with your own private guide to tell you everything about Picasso’s personal life and art.
Pablo Picasso was a Spanish sculptor, printmaker, ceramicist, stage designer, poet and playwright but probably best known as a painter. He is considered one of the main artists of the 20th century, also being one of the founders of the Cubist movement, a revolutionary artistic style. His art stroke in 20th century not only because of its undeniable and absolutely unique beauty but also for the deep social message they always carry. In fact, Picasso was a fervent pacifist and his love for humanity throb through all his magnificent artworks.
The artist was born in Malaga, but his parents moved to Barcelona when he was very young. In 1904 he moved to France where he lived the rest of his life, though he kept on going back to his beloved Barcelona. This gives evidence of how Barcelona inspired him and contributed to make him the icon he is nowadays.
Exceptionally prolific throughout the course of his long life, Picasso’s works are usually divided into periods. You should really explore them all. Your English-speaking guide will bring you to Picasso’s Museum for an in-depth visit of his main early works hosted inside 5 medieval buildings. The Museum also contains the series Las Meninas (1957) and a comprehensive print collection.
After the museum, you will enjoy a magical walk through the Borne and Gothic districts. You might be a little hungry by now. No problem, we thought about it too. Next stop will be Picasso’s favourite restaurant in Barcelona, the “Restaurant of the 4 Cats”. Opened in 1897, the restaurant became a meeting place for many famous modernist artists, above all Pablo Picasso. He was even asked to decorate the menu covers, thus turning them into one of his masterpieces. Apart from Picasso, actually the restaurant itself is really nice to see, thanks to peculiar interiors and Gothic style and atmosphere.
The last part of the tour will be the Sala Pares (Pares Exhibition Centre), the gallery where Picasso arranged his first exhibition. Surely the gallery is a must-see if you are a Picasso lover, but it fulfils everybody’s artistic preferences, as it houses a collection of worldwide artists, as well as Catalan and Spanish works of the 19th and 20th century.
If you love art, Picasso and Barcelona, this tour is simply shaped for you. Do not hesitate, book our Barcelona Picasso Tour now!
We can not accept bookings of this tour less than 48 hours in advance.
- Discover Picasso’s Museum for an in-depth visit of his main early works hosted inside 5 medieval buildings
- Enjoy a magical walk through the Borne and Gothic districts
- Drop in to Picasso’s favourite restaurant in Barcelona, the “Restaurant of the 4 Cats”. Opened in 1897, the restaurant became a meeting place for many famous modernist artists, above all Pablo Picasso.
- Visit Sala Pares (Pares Exhibition Centre), the gallery where Picasso arranged his first exhibition
- Enjoy this private tour with a local guide
- Skip the line with our pre purchased tickets
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 4 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- The adult price applies to all travellers
- We can not accept bookings of this tour less than 48 hours in advance.
- This tour is available Tuesday to Sunday
- Disability ServicesNot wheelchair accessible.
- Easy CancellationNon-refundable
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- 4-hour private guide
- Skip the line tickets for Picasso Museum
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Difficulty: this has a medium level difficulty, since moderate walking is involved.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1