4 Day Kruger Park Classic Safari in South Africa
On every safari to Southern Africa, it is essential to know what to pack and that you pack the correct gear so as to avoid any mishaps while on tour. Below is a guideline to some of the basic requirements.
Please remember to NOT pack your gear into hard cover suitcases as this is difficult to carry around and could get damaged. It’s also very important to limit your luggage to the below weight limits.
Your Luggage should consist of:
- One large kit bag.
- No hard suitcases (max. weight =20 kg (44 lbs)).
- One item of hand luggage (e.g. a small backpack).
Personal Equipment For Luxury Safaris To Southern Africa
- Passport (must be valid at least another 6 months from date of entry.)
- Warm Sleeping Bag. (Camping Safaris)
- Torch with spare batteries and globes
- Warm Jacket
- Swimming Costume
- Natural Clothing (i.e. No bright colors)
- A pair of light weight long pants and a lightweight long sleeve shirt (to use against the sun)
- Comfortable walking shoes and strops/sandals
- Camera Equipment, Binoculars, and lots of spare memory cards & batteries
- Water bottle
Toiletries For Luxury Safaris To Southern Africa
- Personal Toiletries in small bag, not a vanity case
- Suntan Lotion and block out for the face
- Malaria Prophylaxis. (Northern Namibia, Botswana and Kruger National Park)
- Mosquito repellent lotion/spray
The below important information is for each traveler to read through and to understand before arriving on your African safari. Please contact Adventour consultants should there be any queries. African Safari Insurance (Compulsory)
All travelers booking a safari to Southern Africa must have adequate medical insurance. This is compulsory as activity providers on safari may refuse participation of activities without proper insurance in place. Should you not have medical insurance you may be required to pay cash before being airlifted should this become necessary.
Please note that we need to be informed of any pre-existing health conditions such as diabetes or asthma or any other condition that requires prescription medicine. Please note that Adventour or any of its travel partners will not be held liable or responsible for damage or loss to such medication and the safe-keeping of such medication must be looked after by its respective user.
In order for Adventour and its travel partners to properly cater whilst on tour, it is important to inform us at the point of booking should there be any special dietary requirement.
As visa requirements vary considerably from country to country and nationality to nationality, please contact the various embassies or a visa service agent in your home country to re-check your visa requirements at least 4 weeks prior to travelling.
Please note that visas are the responsibility of the traveler and that Adventour or its partners will not be held responsible for guests being denied entry should they not be in the possession of the relevant visas.
PLEASE NOTE: Should the adventure tour you are joining be re-entering a country, be sure to have a multiple entry visa that enables you to re-enter the country.
All travelers must be in possession of a valid onward/return air ticket or proof of other means of transport enabling the traveller to leave the country in which your adventure tour passes or terminates. You should also have proof of sufficient funds (e.g. credit card) to see you through your time in the country.