The Alchemical and Romantic Sintra - Fully Guided Day Tour from Lisbon
5 / 5 total 1 reviews
Duration: 8 hours
Tour ID: 1507
This magic day starts at 09h. We'll pick up at your accommodation and drive around 30 minutes to Sintra on a comfy van with a/c. While crossing the center of Lisbon, you will expand your knowledge about this city with cultural informations and local knowledge given by our guide. In Sintra, we'll start to visit Pena Palace and Gardens, one of the major expressions of 19th-century romanticism in the world. We we don't just drop you off inside of one palace. We'll go inside with you, and make sure you see most of this historical pearl. We will then drive down to the unique Sintra village, a UNESCO world heritage site since 1995. After lunch, (not included; you may choose a full meal for 10€ or a snack on the go for 5€), you will have some free time to visit this village full of Muslim influences. We invite you to taste the famous travesseiros (pillows), which are light puff pastries that are turned, rolled and folded seven times, and then filled with delicious almond-and-egg-yolk cream and lightly dusted with sugar. Still in Sintra, on the way to the ocean, we will explore Quinta da Regaleira, and discover one of the most mysterious gardens and constructions in Europe. An open book, made of stone, about the owner's view of the human essence and cosmos. Time to exit this magic village, and head down to Cascais. We will stop in Cabo da Roca, the western most point of Continental Europe, and contemplate its breathtaking landscapes. We will then visit the charming Cascais, once the home for kings-in-exile and a site of espionage during World War II. On the way home, we will drive through the Estoril and Lisbon Riviera, the first touristic promenade in the early 60's. We will drop you off at your accommodation around 17pm, after an intensive, but unforgettable day trip.
- Driving along Estoril and Lisbon Riviera on the way to Lisbon.
- Visit to Cascais
- Free time in Guincho Beach
- Free time in Cabo da Roca, the western most point of continental Europe
- Scenic road from Sintra do Cabo da Roca
- Fully guided visit to Quinta da Regaleira
- Free tasting of local pastries (Travesseiro or Queijadinha)
- Walking tour on Sintra village, a UNESCO world heritage site since 1995
- Pena Palace and Park fully guided tour
Good to Know
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, Portuguese
- Duration: 8 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pick-up serviceWe will pick you up at your accommodation, airport, cruise terminal or other meeting point.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Bottled Water
- Local Pastries
- Accident and liability insurance
- Van with A/C
- Guide / Driver
- Hotel Pick Up / Drop off
- Taxes and Diesel
- Ticket to Quinta da Regaleira
- Ticket to Pena Park
Know Before You Go
- This tour is completely flexible and can be adapted to the time available.
- The lunch options in Sintra vary from a quick on the go meal (4/5€), to a menu restaurant (10€).
- Bring comfortable shoes, warm hoodie or jacket for the end of the day and camara.
Customer Reviews See all review >
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1
Add new review