Private Tour, One Day Visit Awarded Wineries in Lisbon Region
Awarded Wineries Tour takes in the region to the North of Lisbon.
We start to visit “ Bacalhôa Buddha Eden” the largest Buddha Garden in Europe. Here you will see several giant Buddha statues, built with China marble and granite, 600 Terracotta soldiers, each one of them, sculptures from artists like Joana Vasconcelos, Alexander Calder, Fernando Botero, Tony Cragg, Lynn Chadwick, Allen Jones and others sit harmoniously in landscape of lakes, waterfalls, flora and fauna. We hope you will enjoy the peace and tranquility of this unique and special place.
After we will lunch in a restaurant with typical Portuguese cuisine. After lunch we will visit “Quinta do Gradil Winery”. One of the eldest and awarded wineries in Lisbon region.
Visit the heritage sites and for getting to know the wine-growing process, starting at the vineyards, moving on to the cellar and ending at the tasting room. This winery wines, gets several national and international awards, 4 gold medals in the international Berliner 2015 wein trophy, and 1 in 2017 edition, 1 silver medal in the 2016 Chardonnay du Monde contest, also gets several awards in the International Wine Challenge, in the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, Wine Trophy Asia, and in Lisbon Wine Contests.
Our Tour follows to the winery “Casa Santos Lima”. Casa Santos Lima is a family owned company for more than 4 generations dedicated to the production, bottling and selling of Portuguese wines. The company is present directly or indirectly in the regions of Lisboa, Algarve, Alentejo, Vinho Verde and Douro. This way and from around 400 hectares of vineyards, it produces wines known for their excellent quality/price ratio and exports around 90% of its total production to close to 50 countries in all 5 continents. Casa Santos Lima is also the largest producer of “Vinho Regional Lisboa” and “DOC Alenquer” and in the past years has been one of the most awarded Portuguese wineries in major national and international wine competitions.
This visit ends tasting some of the best wines from this winery. Enjoy a peaceful tour in a rural region, with amazing landscapes. The tours are about 130km in length and last around 8 hours. We pick-up and drop-off in your hotel.
- Enjoy wonderful landscapes
- Tour along beautiful country roads.
- Visit to the Bacalhôa Buddha Eden, the largest Buddha Garden in Europe
- Have a peaceful day in the country
- Taste excellent wines in two award-winning wineries
- Visit to the Casa Santos Lima winery
- Lunch in a restaurant with typical Portuguese cuisine
- Visit to the Quinta do Gradil Winery
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Min 2 - Max 6 people per booking
- Not available on Tuesday, Saturday or Sunday.
- Pick-up servicePick up at the hotel
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Drop-off service
- Pick-Up service
- Buddha Garden entrance
- Two Winery visits
- Private guide
- Transport in a comfortable SUV
- All taxes
- Personal accident insurance
- Two wine tastings
- Personal Expenses
- Bring your camera
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes