Day Trip to Sintra, Cascais and Roca Cape
On our way from Lisbon to Sintra we take in the scenery alongside the waters of the river Tagus, getting to know Estoril and beautiful Cascais, an aristocratic village where the Royal Family used to spend the summer. We walk through the typical streets of Cascais and see its beaches and beautiful bay and then visit the fortification of the Cidadela de Cascais.
Following the rugged Atlantic coast to Guincho, we come across a landscape of rare beauty, with great views of the Sintra hills, the beaches and the sand dunes that invade the road. It is here that we come across the well-known surf beach of Guincho.
The Serra de Sintra is a range of hills that start in the East at the site of the village of the same name, where the silhouette of the Pena Palace stands out on top of the hills, also home to numerous mansions and the Moorish castle, before ending to the West in the cliffs of Roca Cape.
Next, leaving Guincho beach behind us, we cross the Sintra-Cascais Natural Park and end up at the mythical Cabo da Roca, the western-most point of Continental Europe.
After a lunch break in a local restaurant, whose menu can be chosen during the trip, we continue to Sintra in search of its beauty and history.
As we do not have time to visit all the monuments during our full day tour, we advise our clients not to miss the visit to the Pena Palace, which is a monument of great architectural significance, surrounded by beautiful landscape, with close links to the life of the last Portuguese monarchs. The Palace is one of the great symbols of romanticism in Portugal.
Arriving at the Sintra village, we will first admire the beautiful and luxuriant landscape that surrounds the medieval centre from a privileged viewpoint. We then visit the historic centre to discover Sintra medieval streets, the Vila Palace and the Regaleira mansion. We also taste its typical pastry - "queijadas" and "travesseiros".
- PANORAMIC ROUTE ALONG THE COAST FROM LISBON TO THE SINTRA-CASCAIS NATURAL PARK
- WALKING TOUR OF CASCAIS AND ITS HISTORY
- CROSS OVER THE SINTRA HILLS AND SEE THE LUXURIANT NATURE AND THE MAGNIFICENT VIEWS (DEPENDING ON WEATHER CONDITIONS)
- VISIT TO THE TOWN OF SINTRA AND THE PENA PALACE
- LOCAL CHEESE AND ALMOND TART TASTING - A TYPICAL SINTRA CAKE (INCLUDED)
- LUNCH AND TICKETS FOR THE MONUMENTS ARE OPTIONALLY INCLUDED, OR CAN BE RESERVED
- OPTIONAL VISIT TO THE PALACE OF QUELUZ ON THE RETURN TO LISBON