São Miguel island: Private & Customizable tour
This private tour focuses on offering customisation, privacy, comfort and attention from your tour guide.
Your tour guide will be happy to arrange an itinerary according to your preferences (nature sceneries, lake views, beach areas, hot springs or city/architecture sites).
There are also 4 outstanding regions you cannot miss on São Miguel island: Sete Cidades, Furnas, Lagoa do Fogo and Nordeste.
We will be happy to inform and guide you throughout the whole island.
The vehicle shall be a comfortable Mercedes Viano with air conditioning and free water bottles.
This tour has a set price of US$220 for 2-6 people.
- Knowledgeable and graduated/certified local tour guides
- Customizable and private tour
- Private and professional guided tour in any location of São Miguel island (Azores)
- Beautiful and spectacular scenery everywhere you visit on São Miguel Island (Azores)
- High standard and comfortable transport
- Pickups and Drop Off included in Ponta Delgada
- Duration: 6 to hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Multilingual tour guide
- Free water bottle
- Live GuideEnglish, Portuguese
- Pick-up servicePickups included anywhere in Ponta Delgada city
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Private transport and professional local tour guide
- Water bottle
- Pick ups and drop off in Ponta Delgada
- Entrance tickets at certain parks or hot springs
The tour can be fully customized but here follows some of the highlighted areas from the 4 regions of São Miguel island:
Sete Cidades: The western area of the island, it includes some of the best sceneries of the island with the volcano crater containing twin lakes with 2 colors (green and blue). This is one of the natural wonders of Portugal. (Viewpoint Pico do Carvão, Grota do Inferno, Vista do Rei, Serrado das Freiras. The towns of Sete Cidades, Mosteiros and the area of Ponta da Ferraria).
There is also the interesting location of the local pineapple plantations Furnas: The amazing site where locals enjoy a relaxing bath at the thermal hot springs and where they cook a special stew using the hot steam from the active volcano. Sites (Follow along the south shore to enjoy the scenic views and some stops at important sites such as the views over Vila Franca do Campo village, it's islet and it's local pastry factory. Then you will explore the Furnas lake and witness the stew ritual. You can have an opportunity of trying the local hot springs and later on, on the way back you can stop at Pico do Ferro to enjoy the full landscape of Furnas volcano.
Lagoa do Fogo: The most recent volcano among the 5 major ones from the island. Considered still active, it grants you one of the most peaceful and pristine scenarios. On the way, you can visit a local handicraft factory of ceramic and pottery. On the way up will be able to reach Pico da Barrosa where you view almost the whole island. From there you will reach the viewpoint of the Fogo lake and the local geothermal power plants. There is an opportunity to enjoy the local hot springs for a relaxing bath. As you reach the north side, you may visit Ribeira Grande city and try a liquer tasting and explore the main square. Nearby we also have a popular beach area surrounded by an impressive scenery.
Nordeste: The oldest part of the island in terms of geology. It contains the tallest point of the island and striking cliff and waterfall's views. One of the places you cannot miss is Ribeira dos Caldeirões, containing impressive waterfalls and beautiful watermills. Nordeste means northeast and it's the most peaceful location, the lushest area of the island. At the far northeastern side, you will be able to see at the cliff the oldest lighthouse of the Azores, some beautiful shore views where locals come by at night to wait and watch the sunrise.
- No requirement for formal clothing.
- Wear confortable foot wear but adequate to the season.
- Summer season: recommended use of sun block protection.
- Very easy tour: no hiking, flat and short walking.
- Please wear clothing appropriate to the season
- Pick up and drop off from outside of Ponta Delgada can be provided for an additional fee of $12
© Copyright 2017 Private Tour Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission!
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Private Tour Inc.'s Terms & Conditions.