Wieliczka Salt Mine tour & Wawel Audio Guide
The Wieliczka Salt Mine dates back to medieval times and has a history of around 9 centuries of salt exploitation. The tourist route through the mine is located 135-meters (about 443-feet) underground and is accessible by stairs or by elevator. Follow your guide through the underground historic city as you learn about the major health benefits of visiting the salt mine because of its special climate and microelement-filled air.
Wawel Hill is one of the most important places for Polish people. It has been the home for kings and queens for many decades. It is a must-see for Polish and foreign tourists. Wawel has been the monarch’s residency from the 11th century, where they have been crowned and as well as buried. The Wawel hill consists of the Royal Castle, magnificent Cathedral, Crown Treasury and Armory, the Dragon’s den and beautiful courtyards.
The Wawel tour takes 2 hours and it starts Tourist Information Grodzka 52A. From there follow your audioguide to Kanonicza Street and to the Wawel Hill via Herbowa Gate. On the way, you will be explained the role of every building on the Hill and its history behind it. The tour includes visiting the Wawel Hill, Main Courtyard, Arcaded Courtyard and it will end next to the Dragon’s den.
- Visit one of the most important UNESCO place in Poland
- Visit one of the most important monuments of mineral and religious culture in Poland
- Learn the history of the most important Castle in Poland
- IMPORTANT: Narrow paths of the route may appear claustrophobic.
- The exit takes place via the elevator.
- You must purchase a permit to take pictures at the mine.
- Visit one of the most amazing places in Krakow!
- Follow the tourist route that's located 135 meters below ground
- The constant annual temperature along the tourist route is approx. 17-18C.
- Touring in group up to 30 people.
- There are more than 800 steps to climb on the route, including 380 at the beginning.
- Bus transport with a guide
- Duration: 4.5 hours
- This tour is available: Every day
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Bus transport (pick up and drop off)
- Knowledgeable tour guide (English, Spanish, Italian, Polish, German, French)
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- • Pick up from meeting point in Kraków
- • Return air-conditioned transportation from Krakow
- • Entrance tickets to Wieliczka Salt Mine
- • Licensed guide in your chosen language
- • Wawel Hill Audio guide
- • English-speaking driver or tour leader
- • Food and drinks
- • 10 zł pass to take photos
Please note the tour time is the arrival time at the meeting point for Wieliczka Salt Mine tour.
The Wawel Hill audio guide tour can be conducted anytime you wish. The audio guide can be picked up everyday between 9:30 and 16:00.
More information about Salt Mine:
• Skip the line ticket allows you to not stand in the queue to the office ticket, but you might wait in the queue with the whole group to enter the Salt Mine due to many people visiting
• Please bring warm clothing as the temperature underground ranges between 14°C and 16°C (about 57°F and 61°F)
• Please wear comfortable shoes to climb the 800 steps
• Smoking and open fires in the mine are strictly prohibited
• No animals are allowed in the mine, nor Baby carriages and luggage larger than 30 x 20 x 10 cm
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1