Wieliczka Salt Mine Ticket & Wawel Audio Guide
Book this skip-the-line entrance ticket to Wieliczka Salt Mine and meet your local guide in front of the entrance. Once you are finished visiting Salt Mine, you can come to Krakow, grab your Audio guide and hit the Wawel Hill.
The Wieliczka Salt Mine dates back to medieval times and has a history of around 9 centuries of salt exploitation. The tourist route through the mine is located 135-meters (about 443-feet) underground and is accessible by stairs or by elevator. Follow your guide through the underground historic city as you learn about the major health benefits of visiting the salt mine because of its special climate and microelement-filled air.
Wawel Hill is one of the most important places for Polish people. It has been the home for kings and queens for many decades. It is a must-see for Polish and foreign tourists. Wawel has been the monarch’s residency from the 11th century, where they have been crowned and as well as buried. The Wawel hill consists of the Royal Castle, magnificent Cathedral, Crown Treasury and Armory, the Dragon’s den and beautiful courtyards.
The Wawel tour takes 2 hours and it starts Tourist Information Grodzka 52A. From there follow your audioguide to Kanonicza Street and to the Wawel Hill via Herbowa Gate. On the way, you will be explained the role of every building on the Hill and its history behind it. The tour includes visiting the Wawel Hill, Main Courtyard, Arcaded Courtyard and it will end next to the Dragon’s den.
- Bus transport with a guide
- Learn the history of the most important Castle in Poland
- Visit one of the most important monuments of mineral and religious culture in Poland
- Follow the tourist route that's located 135 meters below ground
- Visit one of the most amazing places in Krakow!
- The exit takes place via the elevator.
- IMPORTANT: Narrow paths of the route may appear claustrophobic.
- Touring in group up to 30 people
- Visit one of the most important UNESCO place in Poland
- Duration: 5 hours
- This tour is available: Every day
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Knowledgeable tour guide (English, Spanish, Italian, Polish, German, French)
- Bus transport (pick up and drop off)
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Booking fee
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Wawel Hill Audio guide
- Guided tour at Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Transportation from Krakow to Wieliczka
- Food and drinks
Please note the tour time is the arrival time at the meeting point for Wieliczka Salt Mine tour. The tour will start 15-20 minutes after the meeting time, once the whole group has gathered and received their headphones. The guide will provide basic safety instructions.
The Wawel Hill audio guide tour can be conducted anytime you wish. The audio guide can be picked up everyday between 9:30 and 16:00 at Tourist Information Grodzka 52A in Kraków.
More information about Salt Mine:
• Skip the line ticket allows you to not stand in the queue to the office ticket, but you might wait in the queue with the whole group to enter the Salt Mine due to many people visiting
• Please bring warm clothing as the temperature underground ranges between 14°C and 16°C (about 57°F and 61°F)
• Please wear comfortable shoes to climb the 800 steps
• Smoking and open fires in the mine are strictly prohibited
• No animals are allowed in the mine, nor Baby carriages and luggage larger than 30 x 20 x 10 cm
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1