Wieliczka Salt Mine - 4 Hour Tour from Krakow
Book this half-day Wieliczka Salt Mine excursion and a professional, English-speaking driver will pick you up at your Krakow hotel and drive you straight to the site, where a local guide will take you through the historic underground city.
The Wieliczka Salt Mine dates back to medieval times and has a history of around 9 centuries of salt exploitation.
The tourist route through the mine is located 135 meters underground and is accessible by stairs, or by elevator now on special demand. It is an absolutely unique place to visit and is a must-see during your stay in Krakow.
One of the major benefits of visiting the Salt Mine is the health benefit of its special climate and its micro-element filled air.
- Take an unforgettable guided walk along the 3-kilometre-long tourist route 135 meters under the ground
- Languages offered on activity/tour:
- Duration: 4.5 hours
- Tour Start Time: MULTI
- Tour End Time: MULTI
- This tour is available: Every day
- • Licensed guide in your chosen language
- • Pick up from meeting point in Kraków
- • Return air-conditioned transportation from Krakow
- • English-speaking driver or tour leader
- • Entrance tickets to Wieliczka Salt Mine
- • Food and drinks
- • 10 zł pass to take photos
• The elevator is used only to get to the surface from the bottom of the mine.
• Bring warm clothing, as the temperature underground ranges between 14 and 16C.
• There are 800 steps to climb, and 350 of these are at the beginning, taking you down into the mine. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
• Smoking and the use of open fire in the mine is strictly forbidden.
• No animals are allowed in the mine. The mine does not offer any animal shelters of its own for your pets.
• Baby carriages and luggage larger than 30 x 20 x 10 cm are not permitted inside the museum - please leave them at your hotel.
• A wide range of comfortable vehicles at your disposal, depending on the size of your group.
• Student tickets require valid student ID and must be no older than 25 years old. Customers over 25 years old need to purchase an adult ticket.