7 Day Skardu, Shigar, Ghanche and Kharmang Trek Balistan Pakistan Asia
Due to the similarity of its culture, lifestyle and architecture with Tibet, Baltistan is also known as the "Tibet-e-Khurd" (Little Tibet). It borders on the Chinese province of Xinjiang and Indian Kashmir. The tourist season is from April to October.
The maximum temperature is 27 C and minimum (October) 8 C. Apart from its incomparable cluster of mountain peaks and glaciers Baltistan five valleys, - Shigar, Skardu, Khaplu, Rondu and Kharmang are noted for their luscious peaches, apricots, apples and pears. Pakistan International Airlines flies daily from Islamabad. However, since the pilots fly on mere sight (no computer navigation), the flight only goes on clear days. During the flight, it's possible to catch a glimpse of Nanga Parbat (the 9th highest mountain in the world) and K2 (the 2nd highest mountain in the world.
The air journey is full of thrills and could itself be regarded as the highlight of the visit. After following the same air route, which connects Gilgit to Islamabad/Rawalpindi, the plane turns right and flies over the gorge of the Indus River.
- Fishing: at Satpara Lake (8km) and Kachura Lake (32km) from Skardu abound in trout. Fishing permits are issued by the Fisheries Department.
- First Organic village, Buddha Rock Carvings,
- Shigar Fort, Khaplu Valley, Narsok village,
- Kharpocho Fort, Satpara Lake,Shangrila Lake ,Shigar Valley
- Skardu city center,K2 Museum located near K2 Motel, displays pictures, Sand dunes
- Deosai National Park
- Visit Cold Desert
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French
- Duration: 12 days
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 4 adults is required to book this tour
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French
- Pick-up servicePick up from Islamabad International Airport.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Domestic tourists (Pakistani Nationals) ü Licensed professional guide ü Road transport (Islamabad to Islamabad) ü Hotel accommodation according to itinerary ü Hotel meals according to itinerary ü RVT Support staff (assistant(s) etc – according to need)
- Licensed professional guide (government requirement)
- Airport transfer on first and last day in Islamabad
- All domestic road transfers
- All hotel accommodation (twin sharing Basis )
- Half Board at hotel meals (breakfast, and dinner)
- ü RVT Support staff (assistant(s) etc).
- Domestic tourists (Pakistani Nationals) Airport transfers in Islamabad (can be arranged – additional charges) Sightseeing in Islamabad and surrounding areas (can be arranged – additional charges) Hotel accommodation in Islamabad (can be arranged – a
- Travel Insurance (recommendations only)
- Visa to Pakistan (supporting documents will be offered)
- International airfare & Domestic airfare
- Meals; Lunch not include
- Personal equipments (clothes, boots etc)
- Tips for guides, porters, staff etc
- Miscellaneous (drinks, phone calls, laundry, souvenir etc)
Fly to Skardu airport from Benazir International Airport, Islamabad Pick up from the airport by guide and/or driver.
Drive to Shangrila Resort for tour Visit Upper & Lower Kachura lake Drive to Xokh Nala (water stream) – if time allows Drive to city and check-in at hotel (lunch) Rest at hotel OR Drive around Skardu city and Bazaar Night stay in Skardu.
Drive through Cold Desert to Shigar valley. Visit Shigar Fort Residence (Walk around Shigar (optional) Hike to Jarba Xho – optional 1hr walk (one-way) for hikers only Night stay in Skardu.
Departure for Deosai Plateau Stop at Sadpara Lake Picnic lunch at Deosai plan Drive back to Skardu Rest at hotel OR Hike to Kharpocho fort (45min hike – subject to time) Night stay in Skardu
Drive to Ghanche district Visit Sailing village and fish farms Drive to Khaplu Fort Residence Visit Chaqchan mosque Night stay in Khaplu/Skardu
Departure for Kharmang district Drive to Manthoka waterfalls Night stay in Skardu
Drop at Shangrila Resort Full free day at Shangrila Resort Night Stay at Shangrila Resort Hotel
Drop at Skardu Airport Departure for Islamabad from Skardu airport.
- Upon confirmation of your booking, we will send you a full checklist of equipment/clothing needed.
- Please have you passport on you at all times through this expedition.