5 Day Fairy Meadows Nanga Parbat Base Camp Trek Pakistan
Experience the confluence of the highest mountain ranges of the world: Karakoram, Himalayas, and the Hindu Kush as you travel along the Karakoram Highway, reputed as the 8th wonder of the world, through the dramatic, deep gorges of the Indus.
Walk to the glaciers flowing down from the soaring peaks. We use soft-top 4x4 jeeps to explore the remote valleys of the three highest mountain ranges of the world, the Hindu Kush, Karakoram & Himalayas.
After our jeeps take us deep into the valleys, we can leave them to walk through the mountains to experience their grandeur. The highlight is a short walk to the pristine valley at the foot of 8,125 meters Nanga Parbat, the meeting place of fairies.
Nanga Parbat at 8,125 meters is the 2nd highest Peak for Pakistan and the 9th highest in the world. It also forms the western end of the Himalayan range, meeting Karakoram & Hindu Kush ranges by Indus River. The Raikot face of Nanga Parbat offers an excellent area for the first trek in this mighty play-ground of mountaineers.
The trek offers plenty of flexibility, as we stay at Fairy Meadows for three nights - taking excursions to Nanga Parbat’s base camp and also some interesting walks around Fairy Meadows with commanding views. Those who prefer a quiet relaxing day could stay at huts/ camp and get mesmerized by the view.
- Mountains, Lakes, Glaciers, Peaks, Cultures , Jeep Safari, Trekking,
- We do all of the planning, while you relax and enjoy your trip
- Round trip airport transfers included
- Discover the beauties of Pakistan
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Urdu
- Duration: 6 days
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up serviceAirport transfers are available. Please include all your flight details when making your booking.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- Portage: 1 Porter for 2 Peoples during FMW Trek from Tattu to FMW and Back Tattu
- Tour Guide: Professional tour Guide throughout the Tour
- Meals as per Itinerary. Breakfast and Dinner at hotel and Full broad at Camp
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis at Hotels and Hut/Camping at Fairy Meadows
- AC Transpiration; Ac Van/ Car ISB to ISB, Jeep for for Fairy meadows
- Entrance fess, not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal trekking equipment
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Travelling Insurance
Arrive at Islamabad airport in the morning. Transfer to Air Conditioned buses; proceed overland to Chilas / Narran. As we start our drive from Islamabad. The Highway, reputed as the eighth wonder of the world - was jointly constructed by Pakistani and Chinese engineers and took 850 lives & 20 years to complete. Where Indus River is joined by Gilgit River. Continue drive to Chilas. (07/08 hours, 320 km)
We will drive on Karakorum Highway we will arrive at Raikot; at Raikot board on 4x4 soft top jeeps after one hour drive, we will arrive at Tattu, a small village inhabited by Shina speaking Chilasis. Our trek commencement point. As loads are distributed among the porters, we leave the jeeps and start walking. We ascend gradually, walking through the dry lunar landscape of this meeting point of Hindukush and Himalayan range. Soon we enter the narrow, barren gorge of Tato river, the track clings high on its left bank. Crossing through the green juniper and pine trees arrive at Fairy Meadows for overnight huts/ camping. (07/08 hours)
An ideal day’s walk to the base camp of Nanga Parbat. We walk through the pine trees, covered valley with Raikot glacier flowing on our left side and the summit of Nanga Parbat straight ahead. After about two hours we traverse the lateral moraine of the glacier and then arrive at a flat meadow of Bayal camping site. From here turn right for a short patch to arrive at the OLD BASE CAMP of Nanga Parbat. The meadow here is normally filled with Himalayan flowers and shouting marmots. Half an hour from here is German mountaineer Drexel’s monument. Lunch at 4,000 meters. Enjoy thrilling views of Nanga Parbat and its surrounding peaks. Later walk back to the camp at Fairy Meadows hut/ camp. (7/8 hours round trek.)
Two hours downhill walk from Fairy Meadows along Tattu river. At Tattu board on your jeeps once again and arrive at Raikot Bridge on KKH over Indus River. At Raikot our AC van will be waiting for us. Transfer into the van and drive back to Besham / Naran for overnight at Hotel (8/9 hours trek)
Continue to drive on KKH/ towards Islamabad bypass the important archaeological site of Taxila and by afternoon arrive Islamabad Dinner at Monal Pir Sohawa, Transfer to airport for international departure flight.
- Make sure you have a valid visa.
- Book your flights for Pakistan.
- Prepare a clothing list of what you will need to bring.
- Bring your own equipment.
- Visa Supporting documents we will Provide before apply visa
- for Pakistan Visa you can apply online on https://visa.nadra.gov.pk/