14 Days Pamir Shimshal Pass Trek Pakistan
Situated in the heart of Karakoram range is Shimshal, the remotest valley in the whole range. The mountains are some of the toughest, with some of the high virgin peaks lying here. You start the trip in Islamabad and drive on legendary Karakoram Highway to Passu in upper Hunza, from where we take soft top 4x4 jeeps to enter the valley.
It takes two days to walk to reach the main village - Shimshal in the valley. From the village it is 3 days trek to the summer settlement, towering above two lakes and flower-filled meadows roamed by Yaks. After rest at meadows, we take a six days trek over two passes to arrive at Karakoram Highway, just south of Khunjerab Pass at Pak China border
- Visit Local houses in Gojal and shimshal to experience unique culture of Hunza Peoples
- Visia historical Altit % baltit Forts in hunza Karimabad
- Enjoy the day trip on KKH world highest Mountains by Private Car with English Speaking Drive.
- Relax in 3-Star Hotel and enjoy Nature Camping.
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Chinese, Urdu
- Duration: 14 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Available June to October 2019
- Pick-up servicePick & Drop from Islamabad International airport.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Professional English speaking Mountain Guide.
- Portage of 12.50 Kg during trek. Tips & Portage at airport & hotels, entrance fee at sites & museums
- Camping Facilities: 2 Pax dome tents with matrices, dinning tent with folding table & chairs, kitchen tent with complete kitchenette and staff, toilet tent.
- Transport: Air conditioned transport on Karakoram Highway, Soft top 4x4 jeeps to trek head & trek
- Meals: half board at hotels, full board during trek
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis at standard category hotels in towns, 2 person dome tent during trek.
- Domestic/International airfare and airport taxes
- Any expense of personal nature not mentioned above
- Any kind of beverages throughout stays at hotel or camp
stay at Air port for next fly to Gilgit, incase of flight cancellation we will drive bt road to Besham/ Narran after short stay for fresh up and breakfast drive on the Karakoram Highway to Besham in air conditioned transport. (260 km, 6/7 hours)
Exciting drive through the gorge of Indus & Hunza rivers. En route visit the meeting point of the worlds three highest mountain ranges; Himalayas, Hindukush and Karakoram. Enjoy views of Nanga Parbat (8,125 m) & Rakaposhi (7,788 m). ( 515 km, 8/9 hours)
After three hours Jeep drive we will be in Kuk, opposite to Mulungudi glacier, with hot springs. We have a beautiful view of Dastagil Sar (7885m).
As we walk from Kuk, from here it is easy to descend to the main valley and an hour & half to the main village. Shimshal is one of the remotest areas of Karakoram.
900 years ago Shimshal Valley was discovered by a Sufi Saint he settled here and all Shimshali people are from his family. (7/8 hours, 3300m)
For the next two days, our walk would mostly be traverse through the really narrow gorge of Shimshal river. But our walk from the village for the first two hours today is in the open valley along the river.
Soon we leave the main valley and turn to the left to enter the gorge. Mostly the trek is safe, although in a few places you would need good balance on the narrow foot track. Enroute enjoy views of Kunianchish and Yazgildoom.
Furzin, a narrow camp along the side stream is known for its Birch trees. Overnight in Furzin. (5/6 hours)
This might be the hard part of the trek. We start from the camp with a steep ascent of 200 meters on the cliff facing the camp, traverse gradually for half an hour and then descend steeply to Shimshal river. We cross the river on footbridge and then walk for another hour to Pariyan camp for the cool breeze off the Maidur Nallah and fresh lunch.
After lunch we take up the last part of gorge walk, involving one and half hour’s ascend on a well maintained yet steep foot trek (pariyan) to the top, called Pariyan Sar, with fascinating views of our peak Manglik and many other summits. Here you enjoy the vista and take relaxing hour’s walk to the camp. Our camp Arbabparian is a shepherds settlement for winter, with plenty of fresh water. (4/5 hours)
Compared to last two days, it is a relaxing walk along the river with views of peaks soaring above 6,000 meters. In our way we will pass Ganj Dour Valley, leading north to China border with many pastures for the yaks and goats. This valley is known for its substantial population of blue sheep, Marcopolo sheep, Ibex and also few snow leopards and bears.
Shunjerab is the summer home of Shimshalis, with 60 houses and huge yards to house the animal & human population. People stay here in May & June and then proceed over Shimshal pass to Shuwart to spend the winter.
East from Shunjerab is Gulchi Washk (carpet of flowers), a 200 meters gradual ascent to bring us just under Manglik Sar. We walk in the wide open valley running east to west, with two lakes located just before the Shimshal Pass. In summer we find Yaks, goats and sheep who roam the green pastures.
In the afternoon one could walk over to Shuwart summer settlement, consisting of 60 houses. Inevitable we might get invited for dinner, a great chance to visit local houses and also to taste the energetic nomad food made from Yak’s cheese, butter and wheat flour. Camp overnight. (4/5 hours, 4735m)
Rest Day at Shimshal Pass. We will visit some local houses this day. Shuwart glacier is one of the places here to visit. Camp overnight.
Trek back on the same way to Arbabpurin.
Arbabpurin – Pathfurzin./Garsar
Today is the last day of our trek of 3 – 4 hours, arrive and transfer to the guest house.
Departure for Gulmit, it is 4 and half hours’ drive, arrive and transfer to the hotel
Departure for Besham/Narran on the Karakoram Highway, Stop en-route for lunch and photography, arrive and transfer to the hotel for overnight stay.
Departure for Islamabad, Today we have the option to visit the historical taxila museum if interested if not then we will drive straight to Islamabad and will spend the evening with shopping or explore to Islamabad city.
- Passport name, number, expiry ,Gender and country is required at time of booking for all participants for Flight ticket bookings.
- Transportation is provided in 3 different vehicles: 4-10 Person by Hi Roof Van or Grand Cabin and 11 to 20 Person by Toyota Coasters
- Extra person will be provide Extra Bed on Same Rooms/Tents
- All Accommodation will be on Double/Twin Sharing Basis at hotel and Camp
- Any expense due to forced measures, cancellation of flight, landslides, natural calamities, acts of God is beyond the control of Rock Valley Tours Pvt Ltd, their staff and suppliers.
- Please bring personal trekking equipment - this will not be provided.