Private Day Tour or Transfer to Franz Josef from Christchurch
Priced for 1-3 people. From Christchurch travel through Arthur's Pass National Park then down into Westland District to finally reach the Glacier region with many photo opportunities and short walks along the way in the company of your driver/guide. This tour/transfer can be done in the reverse order or choose Fox Glacier.
Depart from Christchurch from your accommodation or airport. Travel through Arthur's Pass National Park with photo stops at Castle Hill with its' limestone formations and take a short trail to see the Devil's Punchbowl Falls. Stop for a quick "cuppa" and then continue through the Otira Gorge and stop at the Viaduct Lookout-admire the perilous journey the stage coach followed to reach Arthur's Pass.
Lunch stop in Hokitika then a short trekk through the forest and sand dunes to continue in early afternoon towards the Glacier Region. Possibilities to add on activities such as the White Heron Colony or the Kayak excursion on the tranquil lagoon of Okarito. It is a short trip then to reach Franz Josef.
Transfer to your accommodation in Franz Josef. Transfer can be personalized- choose different locations eg: Fox Glacier(price remains the same).OR Reverse order.
Maximum of 3 people per booking.
- This tour/transfer can be personalized
- No timetable, travel at your pace
- There is the possibility to add on activities
- Great photographic stops along the way
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, French, Italian
- Duration: 8 to 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This is a flat rate tour (the price is the same for 1 or 3 people)
- Maximum of 3 people per booking
- Pick-up servicepickup from any centrally located accommodation in Christchurch or from Christchurch airport email accommodation details, date and your name : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Transfer to and from accommodation
- Commentary in English, French or Italian
- Bottled water
- Private vehicle
- If cancelled due to adverse weather you will be given the option to a full refund or another date will be provided