Upper Mustang Trek, Trekking in Nepal, Annapurna Circuit trek, Tour in Nepal
These days the jeep drive to Upper Mustang trekking especially during the Tiji festival period is very popular however Nepal Trekking Routes Treks would like to suggest visitors take the scenic mountain flight from Pokhara to Jomsom then start walking on the trail to Upper Mustang. This would be very helpful for the acclimatization purpose as well.
The enchanting walking from the windiest town of Nepal Jomsom along the bank of Kaligandaki river can be wilderness adventure in itself while passing by the Kagbeni and Muktinath of the lower Mustang area.
The Upper Mustang has its capital as Lo Manthang near to the Tibetan border and rich in monasteries blessed by Mother Nature and cared by the Nepali Tibetan Culture. Lo Manthang in local dialect refers to the place surrounded by walls.
The villages like Chaile, Ghyaling, tsarang and Syanboche would be great place to observe the lifestyle of the people. The mysterious holes on the hills of the Upper Mustang trekking where ancient people and revolutionaries were used to live could be another major attraction of the region. The cremation technique of the people and the various festivals could be another purpose of visiting Upper Mustang.
- One of the beautiful place with apple garden
- One of the best trekking destinations of Nepal with Tibetan influence culture
- Journey to the forbidden kingdom of the Nepal Mustang
- Domestic Flights and Transport
- Trekking Porter
- Experienced Professional Tour Guides
- Deluxe Accomodation
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish
- Easy CancellationThere is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu with cultural program in typical Traditional Nepali restaurant
- Airport pick-up and drop off service
- Trekking Guide and Trekking porter(Two participant 1 porter, Porter carry 25 Kg )
- Round trip flight fare for Pokhara-Jomsom -Pokhara , Round trip bus service from Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu
- Lunch, Dinner,Breakfast & accommodation during the trekking
- Sleeping bags, down jackets, duffel bags and trekking sticks (if required)
- Trekking permit of National park
- TIMS(Trekking Information Management System )
- Insurance and equipment for the trekking staffs
- First aid kit
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel Insurance Company.
- Hotel Maryangdi or equal level hotel in Kathmandu (BB) plan.(Two Nights)
- Personal Expenses
- Heritage Entry Fee during the sightseeing in Kathmandu and other
- Drinks, Hot Shower, extra accommodation in Kathmandu and during the trekking
- Single supplementary (pp accommodation US$50.00) per night
- Single supplementary for trekking is US$100.00
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for guide and porter
- Extra meals and hotel accommodation in Kathmandu other than mentioned in Intinerary
- Snacks and drinks not mentioned in Inclusions
Upon your arrival time, a representative from Nepal Trekking Routes will reach Kathmandu International Airport [TIA] to welcome and receive you. You will then be escorted to your hotel where you can refresh and relax and in the evening a welcome dinner program will be organized at a Nepali restaurant. Overnight in Kathmandu
After enjoying morning breakfast, you will be picked by your guide from the hotel and taken around Kathmandu for sightseeing. You will visit world heritage monuments such as Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, Swoyambunat and Bouddhanath. In the evening, our trekking guide will conduct a briefing about the trekking program before dinner. Overnight at Kathmandu.
You will take a 30 min flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara. The flight will be short and scenic. Or alternatively you can drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara which takes about 6 hours. Overnight in Pokhara.
After early morning breakfast, you will drive to Pokhara airport to catch a short flight to Jomsom. The flight takes about 15 minutes and lands directly at Jomsom. Jomsom is the headquarters of Mustang district and is the home of Thakali people. Once you are in Jomsom, you can start trekking along Kali Gandaki Valley to reach Kagbeni. Kagben is a small town famous for Thakali food and hospitality
Today you will be walking along the Kali gandaki river bed pass the unique villages. Enroute you will come across Tangbe and Chhusang villages. The landscape is quite barren and reminds one of Tibetan plateau. You will cross the river on a suspension bridge and reach the village of Chele with traditional mud brick houses. Overnight in Chele.
You will reach Syanboche from Chele via Ghiling Vhena crossing two passes Taklam La (3,624m) and Dorje La (3,735m). On the way you will be mesmerized by red cliffs and attractive vegetation. The trail will have lots of ups and downs. Overnight in Syanboche.
The trek continues to pass through rugged and barren landscape. Today you will cross two more high passes Yamda La (3850m) and Nyi La (4010m) which offers spectacular views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri. Overnight in Gheling.
The passing from Gheling to Ghami will be exhausting but rewarding with beautiful views of villages and impressive landscape and cliffs. Overnight in Ghami.
Our objective today is to reach Charang Village. You will have to cross over yet another overpass called Charang La at an altitude of 3870m. Charang Village has beautiful mani walls and the culture of locals is similar to Tibetans. Overnight in Charang.
Today you will reach the climax of your trekking journey however not without some challenging walk on some of the most rugged terrains. You will visit the Lo Manthang, the forbidden kingdom that hosts beautiful white washed walls and palaces. One can visit monasteries, interact with locals and appreciate Tibetan Buddhism here. Overnight in Lo Manthang.
In order to acclimatize with the weather and altitude, you will be resting and relaxing in Lo Manthang. You can visit this ancient walled city and its beautiful monasteries and speak with the venerable Lamas and the family members of Royal family. You will definitely be inspired by the simplicity and spiritual essence of the the people of Lo Manthang. Overnight in Lo Manthang.
You will return to Ghami today by following the same route you used before. You will continually be impressed as you discover stunning mountain peaks and brilliant landscape. Overnight in Lo Manthang.
Retrace your steps back to Chele. The trail will be familiar and the walk very easy as you trek downhill for most part. Overnight in Chele.
This is your last day of trekking. You will return to Jomsom on the banks of Kali Gandaki River. Explore the town of Jomsom, try Thakali cuisine and take in impressive views of Annapurna and Dhaulaigir peaks. Overnight in Jomsom.
Get up early, have breakfast and drive to Jomsom airport to catch morning flight back to Pokhara. This is a scenic mountain flight that lasts about 15 minutes Overnight in Pokhara.
You can either take a 30 min flight back to Kathmandu from Pokhara airport or hop on a private car or jeep back to Kathmandu. The drive takes about 6 hours and passes through winding and scenic Prithivi Highway.
The journey within the mountains of Nepal comes to an end today! There is nothing to do but we just trade emails to travel companions and organize our photos. If we have more time we can do some shopping or sightseeing. At last approximately 3 hours before our scheduled flight, a representative from Nepal Trekking Routes Drops you to the airport. On your way to home we will have plenty of time to plan our next adventure trip in the wonderful country of Nepal.
- Good quality boots for trekking and sneakers for campsite are advised
- Travel Visas are available upon arrival at Kathmandu International Airport
- We ensure that our clients needs are met all through the whole travel process from beginning to end
- We strongly recommend a complete travel insurance package
- Before your trek in Nepal, learn all about Altitude Sickness and the safety measures to avoid it
- Down Jackets and Sleeping Bags supplied but it is recommended you bring your own
© Copyright 2017 Private Tour Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission!
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Private Tour Inc.'s Terms & Conditions.