3 Day Desert Tour from Marrakech to Fez Through Merzouga
This is the perfect trip for those short on time but can't afford to miss a trip to the Sahara desert with a camel trek and a nights sleep under the stars in a desert camp.
In this 3 day tour, you will experience the beauty and diversity of the Moroccan landscape, the Atlas Mountains, ancient famous Kasbahs, valleys, gorges, desert towns, Berber villages, Nomads and Berber hospitality in Merzouga.
NB : This Tour is available from the opposite direction: Fez through Sahara Desert to Marrakech. Or Marrakech, Sahada Desert, and back to Marrakech. Please confirm the itinerary (Departure point and Return details ) at time of booking.
- Comfortable 4x4 Toyota Land Cruise with A/C or Mini Van (Hyundai H1) with A/C
- An experienced , English speaking driver
- Beautiful Accommodation, delicious foods
- The amazing scenery of the High and Middle Atlas Mountains
- Visit Todra Gorge / Valley, in Tinghir
- Travel the famous and ancient Kasbahs Telouet and Ait Ben Haddou
- Sleeping in a Nomadic Camp
- Camel Ride into Erg Chebbi Sand Dunes
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 days
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Our camp is equipped with western bathrooms
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up servicePick-up drop-off at your Marrakech HotelRiad
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- One night accommodation ( with half board / Dinner & Breakfast)
- An experienced, English speaking driver
- Car Fuel
- Staying in a traditional Nomad Berber tent (mattress and blankets provided) with Dinner, Breakfast, and traditional mint tea
- One night camel trek (each one by his camel)
- 3 Days Private Transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick-up and drop-off at your Marrakech hotel/Riad
- Your Travel Insurance
- Flight Tickets
- Hotels in Marrakech & Fes
You will be picked up at 08.30 from your accommodation and from there you will depart Marrakech and transport over the High Atlas mountains Tizi N Tichka pass, taking time to stop and enjoy impressive landscapes.
Arrive in Telouet and enjoy a tour of the Kasbah of el Glaoui, former Berber War Lord and Pasha of Marrakech. Telouet also was once an important stop on the Southern Caravan route for traders carrying spices, slaves and other commodities. After over half a century of decay, this kasbah’s interior still stands out with its painted salon walls, the bright Zellij(tiles) and labyrinth of locked doors with dangling silver knockers.
Continue your tour by heading to the picturesque village of Ait Ben Haddou, this Kasbah has featured in more than 20 films, including Gladiator and Lawrence of Arabia which was the first to be filmed here.
After lunch, you will continue on to El Kelaa Magouna(known as roses) via the beautiful oasis of Skoura with the exotic Kasbah Amerhidil.
Overnight: Kella Magouna
Following breakfast, you will depart for the Dades Valley, where you’ll see the majestic sand castles and the amazing rock formations known as "monkey toes".
Stop to enjoy the spectacular scenery, then continue to Tinghir and its fabulous canyons, gorges and Todra Canyons. Here you will have some free time to walk around the Todra Gorges, enjoying the river and the fabulous views.
Lunch at a local restaurant.
Now we will drive to Tinjedad, with its old underground irrigation system, and Touroug Palm Plantations before reaching Erfoud town for a visit to a local fossil craft workshop.
We will now continue to the fascinating dunes of Erg Chebbi, also known as the Dunes of Merzouga.
After a rest of 30 minutes, you will ride the camels directly to the middle of the dunes where you will enjoy the night with dinner and entertainment under a Nomad Tent.
After an unforgettable quiet night among the sand dunes of erg chebbi and in nomad’s land, you will admire the sunrise upon the dunes, then return back with the camels to the hotel where you can have breakfast and a shower before leaving for Fes.
During this journey you’ll experience glimpses of the Middle Atlas and Higher Atlas mountains.
Along the way you will pass through luxuriant Ziz Valley, stopping for panoramic views along the way, and the magnificent Ziz Gorges carved through volcanic rock.
We will continue to travel through the Tizi N’ Talghamt Pass to Midelt, where you can have an optional lunch.
After lunch, you will continue to Fes through Azrou, a Berber village in the middle of the famous cedar forest, the largest in Morocco, and where you may well sight Barbarian Apes.
- Disclaimer: This itinerary is the intention, but anything can happen. Flooding of roads, storms, places closed, etc that will shift this itinerary. We will do our best to make sure everyone has an excellent time!
- Remember to bring your suncream
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1