Top Private Morocco Desert Tour - Marrakech to Fez through The Merzouga Desert
- Beautiful Accommodation, delicious foods
- An experienced , English speaking driver
- Comfortable 4x4 Toyota Land Cruise with A/C or Mini Van (Hyundai H1) with A/C
- The cenery of High and Middle Atlas Mountains
- Famous Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou
- Gorge Todra, in Tinghir
- Camel Ride into Erg Chebbi Sand Dunes, Sleeping in a Nomadic Camp ( our camp is equipped with western bathrooms).
- Visit one of the famous ksar (a fortified village with many towers) around Rissani Local Souk (Market in Rissani)
- Visiting the Gnawa people in their village Khamlia , where you will learn about the Gnawa music and their lifestyle.
- The visit of a local fossil craft workshop
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 4 days
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up servicePicked up from desired location
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Car Fuel
- An experienced, English speaking driver
- 4 Days Private Transport with A/C
- Entrance fees (museums).
- One night camel treks( Each one by his camel ). Staying in a traditional Nomad Berber tent (mattress and blankets provided) with Dinner, Breakfast, and traditional mint tea (known as
- Two nights accommodation ( with half board / Dinner & Breakfast).
- Your Travel Insurance
- Hotels in Marrakech & Fes
- Flight Tickets
You will be picked up at 08.30 from your accomodation and from there you will depart Marrakech and transport over the High Atlas mountains Tizi N Tichka pass, taking time to stop and enjoy impressive landscapes.
Arrive in Telouet and enjoy a tour of the Kasbah of el Glaoui, former Berber War Lord and Pasha of Marrakech. Telouet also was once an important stop on the Southern Caravan route for traders carrying spices, slaves and other commodities. After over half a century of decay this kasbah’s interior still stands out with its painted salon walls, the bright Zellij(tiles) and labyrinth of locked doors with dangling silver knochers.
Continue your tour by heading to the picturesque village of Ait Ben Haddou, this Kasbah has featured in more than 20 films, including Gladiator and Lawrence of Arabia which was the first to be filmed here.
After lunch, you will continue on to El Kelaa Magouna( known by roses) via the beautiful oasis of Skoura with the exotic Kasbah Amerhidil.
Following breakfast, you depart for the Dades Valley, where you’ll see the majestic sand castles and the amazing rock formations known as “monkey toes”.
Stop to enjoy the spectacular scenery, then continue to Tinghir and 20km after, its fabulous canyons, the Gorges Todra Canyons. Free time to walk around the Todra Gorges , enjoy the river and the fabulous views.
Lunch at a local restaurant. Then drive to Tinjedad, with its old underground irrigation system, and Touroug Palm Plantations, reaching Erfoud town for a visit of a local fossil craft workshop. Continuing to the fascinating dunes of Erg Chebbi, also known as the Dunes of Merzouga.
After a luxurious breakfast in your riad, you will start an explorative journey of the area. You will be visiting the Gnawa people in their village Khamlia, where you will learn about the Gnawa music and their lifestyle.
Afterwards, you will visit the old city of Rissani – the foundation of the Alaouite dynasty – the current ruling royal family in Morocco. Rissani is surrounded by 360 ksars (a fortified village with many towers) and has a big souk (an open market), held three times a week. Once called Sijilmassa, this was the meeting place for the salt caravans, coming from Timbuctou in Mali. Here you’ll walk through the souk, selling spices, vegetables and clothes.
Afternoon drive back to the village of Merzouga, and After a rest of 30 minutes, you ride Camels directly to the middle of the dunes where you will enjoy the night with dinner and entertainment under the Nomad tent ( Camps ) . For your convenience, our camp is equipped with western bathrooms.
After an unforgettable quiet night among the sand dunes of erg chebbi and in nomad’s land, you will admire the sunrise upon the dunes, then return back with camels to the hotel where you have breakfast and shower, then leave to Fes.
During this journey you’ll experience glimpses of the Middle Atlas and Higher Atlas mountains. Along the way you will pass through luxuriant Ziz Valley, stopping for panoramic views along the way, and the magnificent Ziz Gorges carved through volcanic rock.
Then you continuing travel through the Tizi N’ Talghamt Pass to Midelt, where you will have optional lunch. After lunch, you will be continuing to fes through Azrou, a Berber village in the middle of the famous cedar forest, the largest in Morocco, where you may well sight Barbarian apes.
- Disclaimer: This itinerary is the intention, but anything can happen. Flooding of roads, storms, places closed, etc that will shift this itinerary. We will do our best to make sure everyone has an excellent time!
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1