Colors of Mexico Experience Small Group Tour
It’s not just a walking tour, it’s an EXPERIENCE! Discover THE COLORS OF MEXICO by walking the streets of the Historic Downtown of Mexico City, the heart gem of our country.
A UNESCO’s World Heritage since 1987, Mexico City’s Historic Downtown has over 700 years of history hidden in its buildings, its archaeological windows, its legends and history, but most importantly in its PEOPLE.
Enjoy a walking experience in an open-air museum where you will walk with a local person who happens to be a certified guide in a 5-hour walking tour and learn about what makes Mexico such a colourful and cheerful country, with a culture so diverse that you will wonder how the ancient Mexican and the Spanish influence can live together in modern Mexico.
THE COLORS OF MEXICO EXPERIENCE will show you the most emblematic landmarks of the Historic Downtown, such as the ruins of the ancient “Templo Mayor”, which is next to the impressive Metropolitan Cathedral, one of the oldest and biggest buildings of the New Spain era.
You’ll discover hidden places in the Downtown; gems that aren’t usually visited even by locals.
These places are just hidden in plain sight, such as the very first synagogue in Mexico.
You will learn about the Muralist Art movement, so popular in the first half of the XX century, with work from Diego Rivera inside the National Palace, but also visiting the very first of his murals.
This journey will take you from the Mexican Revolution era to our days.
Mexico is Tequila, but also Pulque and Mezcal, some other very traditional drinks that are obtained from different agaves.
Visit local markets and learn about the traditions that surround everyday life in Mexico.
Our country has 8 different elements including Intangible Cultural Heritage such as Mexican cuisine where you can taste the different flavours that you can find in our local dishes.
The tour will reach one of the most emblematic places in Mexico City: the Palace of Fine Arts. This Carrara marble made building is one of the stars of the Historic Downtown of Mexico City, and one of the jewels left behind during the celebration of the centenary of our independence of almost 110 years ago.
THE COLORS OF MEXICO EXPERIENCE is a SEMI PRIVATE Walking Tour with a small group in a 5 hours tour.
- Food tasting at traditional markets
- Pulque and/or Mezcal tasting
- Interior of National Palace
- Interior of Metropolitan Cathedral
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 5 hours
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour is available all year round on Wednesday, Friday and saturday
- Entrance ticketsare included
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Small-group Walking tour
- Local Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hat, sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide