Nara & the Secret Shrine of Omiwa
We will meet at Namba Station. We will head to Sakurai Station where we will catch a cab to the ‘Secret of Nara’. There were three regalia (treasures) handed down from the Sun Goddess Amaterasu to her son, his son, then his son and later to his son, the first Emperor of Japan (660BC). We will go where this all started.
I will take you to three specific Shrines that began the history of Japan.
After, we will have a ‘Swimming Somen Noodle Lunch’ and a Nara Sake Tasting, then head to Nara city, home of the oldest wooden building in the world and the-once-powerful base of political activities at one time when the clergy almost ruled over the Emperor. Todaiji Temple. (Big story to tell here). We have to fight through sacred deer, and we will head back to Namba.
- Be amazed in Nara city, home of the oldest wooden building in the world
- Explore the famous Todaiji Temple
- Enjoy a Somen Noodle Lunch (at your own expense)
- Visit 4 Shrine and 1 Temple and learn about Japans fascinating history
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 10 to 11 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Over 18s only
- Minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 people allowed to book this tour
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Four Shrines and One Temple
- Translation & Interpretive Guide for 10 hours
- Entrance Fees to Temple at Nara
- Transportation between Namba and Sakurai, Taxi Fees and then Sakurai to Nara then Nara to Namba
- Premium Nara sake and appetizers and Somen Lunch
- Train ticket to Namba Station and back
Meet at Namba Station and depart for Sakurai (9:18 am). Arrive in Sakurai and take a taxi to Omiwa area. We will then get our offerings and head to the 1st Shrine.
See the 1st, 2nd and 3rd shrine.
Have lunch at the Somen Restaurant before having a Sake tasting session.
At 13:45 pm arrive at the 4th shrine before taking a taxi to the station for our train to Nara.
Board our train to Nara (JR) and when we arrive we will take a taxi to the Todaiji Temple. Arrive at the temple and walk the grounds. We will then leave the temple for the station for our train back to Namba.
Arrive back at Namba station where we will end this tour.
- This tour begins at 8am
- Remember to wear comfortable walking shoes