Visit Batiloro, The Venetian Goldsmith
The laboratory, that opened in 1969 wishing to carry on the ancient family craft begun in distant 1926, is hidden in the Palazzo where the master painter Tiziano Vecellio lived for 45 years until his death.
In this place full of magic, the art of working gold in thin foils is kept and practised.
During your guided visit you will discover the history of this profession and you will learn about the families that continued the ancient art of Battiloro. You will witness the whole process of turning gold from ingot to leaf: melting, laminating and beating until the cutting and packaging phase.
- Discover the art of working with gold
- Learn the history around the profession
- Meet the families that have continued to practise the art of Battiloro
- Witness gold turning from ingot into leaf
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Italian
- Duration: 1 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- The tour will NOT operate during the following dates: Nov. 1st and 21st, Dec. 24th, 25th, 31st, Jan 1st and 6th
- Over 18s Only
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Guided visit to the Battiloro laboratory
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Food and beverages
- Travellers are kindly requested to plan in advance their journey in order to get to the meeting point on time
- The tour will operate rain or shine, in the event of exceptional high tide in Venice or bad weather it might be cancelled and a refund will be provided