Tour of the Lagoon: Murano, Burano & Torcello Islands by Boat
Spend 6.5 hours discovering the most charming and famous islands of the Venetian Lagoon. During this full-day excursion, you will be amazed by the beautiful surroundings of Venice and learn more about Venetian life and traditions.
Start your journey in a comfortable motorboat leaving from St. Mark's area and move towards your first stop (approx. 1.5 hours): the island of Murano. Get the chance to visit a glass factory and learn how glass masters create their masterpieces during a glass-blowing demonstration.
Take your time to explore the island: don't miss the massive Basilica of Santi Maria e Donato, one of the oldest Churches in the Venetian lagoon originally built in the 7th Century.
Return to the motorboat and head to your second stop (approx. 2 hours), Burano island. Immerse in its colourful houses. According to a local legend, Burano got its rainbow appearance thanks to the fishermen that lived there, who used to paint their houses in bright and light colours so that they could find their way home while coming back from the sea.
The island is also known internationally for its rare artisan lace. Hop on the motorboat again and navigate to the last stop, Torcello (approx. 1 hour). Torcello was the first settlement in the Venetian Lagoon, its history dates back to the year 452.
Don't miss the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, founded in 639. Take a selfie with the Attila's Throne on the background, an ancient stone chair where chief magistrates were inaugurated or go up the Bell Tower and take a beautiful picture of the surrounding area.
Go back to the motorboat and head back to the departure point.
- Take a selfie with the Attila's Throne in Torcello
- Immerse yourself in the colorful houses of Burano
- Visit a glass factory and learn how glass masters create their masterpieces with a demonstration
- Learn about Venetian life and traditions
- Be amazed by the beautiful surroundings of Venice
- Discover the most charming and famous islands of the Venetian Lagoon
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 6 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Visit to a glass factory in Murano
- Multilingual assistance on board
- Motor boat from/to Venice
- Food or beverages on board
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Comfortable shoes and clothes are advised
- No refund will be provided for no shows or late arrivals
- This is not a detailed guided tour; the assistance will be multilingual. Explanations during the way will be provided in English, German, Spanish, French and Italian.
- The tour will operate rain or shine, please dress accordingly.
- In the event of exceptional high tide in Venice or bad weather it might be cancelled and a refund will be provided.
- IMPORTANT: On September 5, 2021 (Historical Regatta) the tour may end at F.ta Nove or Sant'Elena. On September 19, 2021 (Burano Regatta) Torcello will not be visited.