The Venetian Aperitif - Traditional Food & Wine Experience in Venice
Get ready to lose yourself in unexpected delights and the real side of Venice, with a guided tour of Venice while tasting its traditional “cichetti” (snacks) and wine.
It is said that to really understand a country you should taste its food. This is particularly true in Italy, with its everlasting culinary tradition and where good food is still an essential part of everyday life. This is true also in Venice.
Let a local tour guide take you on a guided tour to discover Venice while tasting its traditional “cichetti” (snacks) and wine.
“It’s always Ombra & Cichetti Time”
The magic of Venice lies in the labyrinth of its back alleys and the thriving “bacari” that are hidden there, away from the crowds and touristic places.
The bacari are characteristic little bars where locals use to stroll in the evening or while heading home from work, between an “ombra” and a “cicchetto”. "Ombra" in Venetian dialect means "glass of wine", while "cicchetto" is the traditional snack locals use to have while sipping their wine.
Get ready to lose yourself in unexpected delights and the real side of Venice, with lively locals and their traditions.
- Experience the thriving 'barcari' (little bars) that are hidden away from crowds and touristic areas
- Discover Venice while tasting its traditional “cichetti” (snacks) and wine.
- Lose yourself in unexpected delights and the real side of Venice, with lively locals and their traditions.
- Visit the Campo San Bartolomeo and the Rialto Area
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Spanish
- Duration: 1 to 2 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Available April - October 2020
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 4 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Tasting of 3 types of cicchetti and 3 types of wine at local bacari
- Professional tour guide
- Food and drinks not stated in Inclusions
- Hotels pickup/drop off
- Possible drinks for children are NOT included and must be paid directly on spot
- This tour does not include entrance to main sites and it will completely take place outside (only external comments of the various sites will be provided)
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals.
- The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided
- Please note that wine will be replaced by soft drinks for travelers under 18 years old
- Languages: English: Tuesday, Friday and Saturday / German: Friday / French: Saturday / Spanish: Tuesday
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1